The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of you guys know if this is being offered? I did see some older models with this innovative system. The new N series is being promoted but i haven't seen it being offered buy the dealer? What's the deal here?

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
After 30 years of commercial haying we quit last year, I always dreamed of having something just like that, I almost went through with buying a 8400t john deere, I wanted to take the undercarriage off and put an axle in the front with large caster wheels and just regular tires on the rear. I wanted something like this for maneuverability. I did make a mount to put a 3 pt bale fork on the front of a 8100 hesston so we could put the bales in rows witch turned out to work really well and was super fast

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt Deere would use any other manufacturer's patent and then market it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. That would be very unethical.
I see your point here, but it is well known that Deere did buy many other companies and therefore their patents that later on got rebranded to Deere name. Remember the Zetor tractors rebranded and painted into JD colors? Just recently the Sampo Rosenwel combines from Finland are being sold in Germany and some other markets as a JD W series. Those even have AGCO engines in them!!!
So, if JD would paint this particular model of Valtra green and yellow and sell 'em at JD dealers, I wouldn't be surprised. Not saying they would or will, but why not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2000 year model Vultra 120 which is an articulated tractor. This has been an exlent tractor for loader work and snow removal with blower on rear and snow bucket on loader, the tractor had reverse drive so seat turn around and had the same speeds forward and reverse. The only down side was lack of HP at 120 it was a little lacking on the blower, also hyd. And trans would compensate for temp so worked very well in artic weather of sask.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It turns a bit sharper than a regular tractor, but thats it? Or am I missing something? Seems like a lot of extra maintenance and possibly repair after 10,000hrs in a cattle feedlot.

You are right, Jason, it does turn sharper than a regular tractor and it is far more maneuverable too. Especially with the front loader and snow plow. It also has a "dog walk" mode, which offsets the track and reduces the compaction.
I am sure there is more maintenance and possible future repairs, but in general, those Valtras are proven to be most reliable ....in AGCO group. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a 2000 year model Vultra 120 which is an articulated tractor. This has been an exlent tractor for loader work and snow removal with blower on rear and snow bucket on loader, the tractor had reverse drive so seat turn around and had the same speeds forward and reverse. The only down side was lack of HP at 120 it was a little lacking on the blower, also hyd. And trans would compensate for temp so worked very well in artic weather of sask.

The new ones have more power and torque.
N123 - 135HP
N143 - 145HP
N163 - 171HP

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.