The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of my 03 2388s I had some problems with the air filter plugging up this harvest. If we did not remove the aspirator and clean it out also when we cleaned the filter, we would have to clean the filter again in one or two days. If we cleaned the aspirator, the filer would stay clean for 50 to 75 hours. The question I have is there something wrong in the aspirator that causes it to plug up and quit working thus plugging the filter also, or is the rotary screen letting more dirt in than the aspirator can handle. On my other 03 2388 we cleaned the filter at the end of harvest and it wasn't even very dirty. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well I have heard that if you don't have the rotary screen door shut tight, that it will let some dirt in around the edges.

Also had one issue with a machine overheating this season. Turned out the rotary screen got coated in oil somehow, and was restricting air flow. Is it possible you have something like this going on, but not as bad. It might cause it to pull more dirt through another opening or something like that.

-Lance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mx270a, one thing I can not understand is, if the aspirator is getting more dust than it can handle, why isn't the radiator getting dirty. This machine as never even come close to running hot. Is there a possibility that the muffler is bad and not sucking the dirt out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also had a problem on my 2366 the air filter would plug at least twice a day in beans. My dealer replaced my mufler. That took care of the problem for the time being, now I have replaced the sensor and haven't used it yet to find out if it works yet. Havn't been very happy with the side cleaner so far!!!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
We had the same problem this year on our 03 2388

if you take a air wand and look in the black filter container you see a bunch of lil tubes i would blow them out while your doing the filter

it seemed to help out alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts