The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has used AT Films Grain bags? If so i would like to hear opinions of the bags. Because i have heard horror stories of bags blowing open. Thanks
What you heard is correct! they do split but all bags will split if over filled to much. I have used AT films, up north, hi tech and ipeselo (I think that is how u spell that) anyway I like up north, cant remember the ipeselo much (many years ago) and really like the hi tech. The hi tech seem to hold out the best and the animals don't seem to bother them as much (coyote's). Also I think the AT films wont take the cold as well as others, seems in the cold I cant stand on the taught plastic pulling in the roller like I can on the others. This is what I experienced and thought the info might be helpful because I don't think there is a bunch of difference in price!

·
Registered
585 Posts
We had 8 AT films bags this year filled with barley that was mostly around 18% moisture and they stayed in the field till February/March. Not one split bag, filled nice, emptied nice, no spoiled grain. The only thing we had a little trouble with was ravens pecking the top of the bag. As long as you stretch the bag to the manufacturers specs it will be fine. Have 21 AT films bags ordered for this year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
We have used lots of Grain flex bags made by at films and they work fine as long as you don't over fill them. Fill them to 10-10.5 " and you won't have problems. Most of the problems happen when you are pushing 11" inches stretch it's not worth the extra few bu you cram in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.