The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are double shooting our C shank drill and need new openers. We like the Atom Jet High Rate Side Band. Originally wanted to drop the fertilizer lower but after some research we are thinking same plane to avoid fracturing seed bed etc. Not sure if we should go with the 3/4" or 1" tip. We run in clay loam soil. Anyone running these openers or have an opinion?

http://agriculture.atomjet.com/products/high-rate-side-band-c-shank/

·
Registered
61 Posts
Over the years we have always had excellent luck with Atom-jet and how we were treated. The openers just last , we had Dutch once as we thought the replaceable tip might save work but it cost more in replacing them and labor , changing those things is a bugger.

We have seen the normal side band run in our area but not the high rate version but it makes good sense the way they designed it.
I wouldn't hesitate to run Atom-Jet but just my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Atom-Jet High Rate Side Band is a very versatile opener in a way that it allows you to put down a higher rate of fert and provide greater separation between seed and fert. The combination of Carbide protection on all leading edge wear surfaces and high chrome hard surfacing on the sides to trap a layer of dirt to run dirt on dirt, rather than dirt on steel makes for a long lasting rebuildable opener. The vertical design of our openers provides excellent trash clearing capabilities and no plugging of openers. I personally would go with the 1" point, it doesn't disturb much more dirt than the 3/4" and its just that much stronger and the cost is the same! The overall width is the same for both point sizes and placement is the same. We would be happy to provide you with more information, feel free to give us a call @ 1-800-573-5048.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used the 3/4 inch ones last year and there was no mixing of seed and fert and they show no wear after 5000 acres. I am in sandy, rocky , loam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts