The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 25ft D65 draper that i run on a M155 MacDon. I want to put that head on to one of our 760s for next season so we can direct cut our spinach seed. I know that I need to get the adaptor from Macdon for the Lexion, but I am wondering what the adaptor does exactly? Does it have its own suspension, or does the head work with the autoContour system on the combine? Does the adaptor have its own tilt cylinder and side to side swivel or if i want to tilt or swivel the head do i have to do that with the feederhouse? I have one 760 with the fancy feeder house so i could put it on that machine if needed. I am also wondering how long it takes to remove the combine adaptor so the head can be re attached to the M155? Sorry for the stupid questions, but everyone runs pickup heads in our area.

Scott

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What you are looking for is the CA25 float adapter for combines. Its basically a big frame with heavy coil springs the head floats on. OEM from MacDon, it has one height sensor to allow your combine AHHC to keep the feeder in the "float range" of the adapter, the head slides on the skids. Lateral tilt is just the float on the springs. Headsight offers a kit to allow the combine lateral tilt to work as well--keeping the spring float pressure even left to right. For cutting "off ground" the float adapter can be locked rigid. Also, it includes a head f/a tilt cylinder, so you don't need the "fancy" Lexion feederhouse.

I can't comment on how hard it is to change, never done one. However, MacDon has REALLY nice manuals available on the website...likely will tell you what you need to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts