The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the love of God!!

Frustrating to say the leaset so when I try to reset password the new password goes on to my alias not my actual username Yes I had signed pissedoff off Maybe it's a sign

Btw where is don ? Did he not get the email

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Only took 24 hours to figure out how the **** to get back in, never got an email, contacted an admin but probably got buried in the request pile... A heads up would have been nice, or a prompt to change password on the next login would have been sufficient. Almost had to make a new alias...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Frustrating to say the leaset so when I try to reset password the new password goes on to my alias not my actual username Yes I had signed pissedoff off Maybe it's a sign

Btw where is don ? Did he not get the email
I reckon Don is in the admin office with someone in a headlock saying wtf are you doing.....:hits-the-fan:

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I don't know why so little info is being given as to how to circumvent this stupid debacle that none of us asked for. Obvious that the entire forum ground to a halt for almost 12 hours, so this wasn't just a few of us that didn't get the implied email. And no it did not go into spam or junk either.

Anyway for those still trying to get back on...
I kept trying to log in normally thinking somehow this "forgot password" thing would show up, but kept getting a blank page with one sentence across the top saying some page couldn't be read. Finally figured out where to find it, you go to the Home page, then click on the Register link. There you will find the link for resetting your password. And be prepared to invent another meaningless password that you will need to write down to remember as it is dictated as to how and what characters are required.
Well now it's your fault that I'm back. Thanks. Admin was not replying to my emails about a password reset and I couldn't find that "forgotten password link" to I read your post. Thanks again

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey, I`m back!!! Had me worried there! Was beginning to suffer some serious withdrawal symptoms! If I can get back in, anyone can... I`m almost completely computer illiterate. Blame the 1970`s education system! For those who are still trying to figure it out, I`m sorry I can`t help you...I don`t know how I did it myself!:booger:
I'm getting better at it now, but it wasn't very long ago that I would cringe when I was asked to scan and e-mail something. I'd always reply "can I fax it?" One guy actually replied "I don't even know if we have a fax machine, I've never used it." I felt a little old and out of touch right then!:sFun_comp:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can't even get to reset my password. just says unable to write to tmp directory. Missed the password reset post because I was away from my computer for a day or two.

Haven't got an email yet either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has figured out the reason for the increased security. It has to be that this forum is hosted on Hillary's server. Since it looks like she is going to be the dems nominee she needed to up her security.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Odd,........ I got the e-mail and all worked out fine. No withdrawal symptoms at all. (Mind you I have my own domain and e-mail service.) :)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I can understand the need for password security, but do we REALLY need to have the super secure multi-faceted password that you are apparently forcing us into. How about easing off on a couple of the requirements (which would still leave a reasonably secure password). This is NOT a bank or Revenue Canada where being hacked could be devastating.
Yes !! I agree !!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just as Duchek said, I was struggling to find the "forgot password" link as well until I ready this post. Thanks AB.

So do I. Never got the email though.
Agreed thanks AB.

ADMIN- your handling of this had been a COMPLETE AND UTTER CLUSTER F##K!

Communication and planning never goes astray, yours has been p*ss poor :(
And why the onerous security requirement?

Oh and use AB's instructions for resetting the password, it takes 5 mins. I'm still waiting for the email to reset using the instructions on the home screen!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
paasowrd for excel

Not sure how many emails I received from CF before I finally got logged on, yet another password that has to be remembered and recorded on Excel.
I do the same, I have an excel sheet with about 150 passwords, the excel sheet is password protected also...it like having to have a checklist to remember what checklists you have to take care of...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well I finally made it back what a **** show Really a password with ten characters ? Come on!!!! Someone can delete my alias even though I am still Pissedoff.

Btw I was hoping my 1000 post would of been something more relevant to farming :34:

21 - 40 of 141 Posts