The Combine Forum banner

Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

62K views 140 replies 69 participants last post by  Hillbillyreefer 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,
Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:
Username: *username*
Password: *Randomly generated temp password*
To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*
If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.
All the best,
Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.
If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

#92 ·
I have been trying to get on for a week now and was just about ready to give up when I saw everyone thanking Albertabuck. So I read his email and FINALLY have gotten back on...so thanks Albertabuck!!! To the administrators....your message and process for getting a new password etc....does not work....I tried sending an email for a new password a few times over a couple days with no reply!

#93 ·
I'm glad what I posted about my experience getting back on did help as many of you as it seems it did. And it is kind of you all that have taken time to thank me for it, it is appreciated. I was getting quite pissed off myself that afternoon and becoming frustrated as nothing worked as the Administrators said it should. I figured that if I was having issues, others must be too and thus why when I found something that worked I posted it so others could do the same if needed.

On sort of another note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed non of our moderators have been on since the password debacle started, Don and Chris in particular. I just checked both of their profiles. I know Chris sometimes goes missing from time to time for a week or so, but I'm sure most you will be thinking the same as me, that is hoping it is some tech issue with this site that we have not heard from Don, and that all is well and ok at home, and not that things have taken a bad turn with his wife.

#95 ·
On sort of another note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed non of our moderators have been on since the password debacle started, Don and Chris in particular. I just checked both of their profiles. I know Chris sometimes goes missing from time to time for a week or so, but I'm sure most you will be thinking the same as me, that is hoping it is some tech issue with this site that we have not heard from Don, and that all is well and ok at home, and not that things have taken a bad turn with his wife.
Thanks for the kind words and also help to the masses AB.:)
Little of both, techy and health issues slowing me down.

I only had to add one symbol to my existing password, I can blame/thank Apple for that one.
But what a fiasco the whole thing is for everyone eh?

But hey, on the bright side, the first thing I did within a minute of logging in I banned a scammer!:54:
The second thing I did, and quite frankly the main reason I fought through this ordeal, I came across this and wanted to post it:
http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/9-gleaner/265041-lets-remember-kevin-bien.html#post2471818

#99 ·
You mean this message?:

Dear forum members,

Due to a security issue we will be resetting all users' passwords. This reset will be taking place between Tuesday June 21st - Thursday June 23rd.

Please ensure that the email address associated with your account is the correct email address and that you have access to this account. To check, go to: UserCP >> Edit Email and Password. Once the password reset has taken place, you will not be able to change anything on your account until you have successfully logged in. For more information please go to the site issues section.Dear forum members,

Due to a security issue we will be resetting all users' passwords. This reset will be taking place between Tuesday June 21st - Thursday June 23rd.

Please ensure that the email address associated with your account is the correct email address and that you have access to this account. To check, go to: UserCP >> Edit Email and Password. Once the password reset has taken place, you will not be able to change anything on your account until you have successfully logged in. For more information please go to the site issues section.

If this stunt is pulled again I will spend 0 seconds fixing it.
PERIOD!

#101 ·
Many thanks to Dayle from the administrator division who responded to my email and sorted my issue. Which was probably like many others, a now non existent email address linked to my profile. They must have a massive load of emails to sift thru because it took 5 days for a response.

Reactions: KWO
#106 ·
And what a stupid pass word choice we need now.. How does one ever remember such a stupid made word.. Go back to the way it was, in all the fourms I am in, this is the most ridiculous.. Who gives a crap if they hack my account and change my signature to John Deere lover..

#114 ·
Hey there!

If you have an issue with the pop up not disappearing, there is a way to fix it. This usually 90% of the time has to do with cookies not being turned on for the site, or stalling on cookies.

Make sure in your browser that cookies are turned on. To do so, here is some tutorials:
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
Edge: Edge- How do I enable cookies - Microsoft Community

Hopefully that helps with your issue. J

~Shane

#117 ·
It's not pop ups that I would need a pop up blocker for, just the regular ads that insist on having scrolling features. Every time I open a page now it flips back to the top two or three times, and when you get used to scrolling down it flips to the bottom once. Very annoying. I'm a little leery of adding more adblockers with the firewalls etc I have with Windows 10 in addition to my AVG antivirus.

#123 ·
I never got squat, looked in the junk folder as suggested and nothing there and its not like I changed emails either. I waited and waited and then finally just a couple of days ago made a stab at trying to get a temporary pass word and have not logged out as no doubt I would be messed up all over again. So totally with you on that line of thinking Wheatking.

#124 ·
After two hours of trying im now logged on with my phone! I didn't receive an email at all and noticed the password reset after being locked out for 15minutes. Then after thinking up a ridiculous password that will probably be reset every time I visit the page I'm still getting a wrong password error trying to log on with the computer. Anyway... Please relax the password... My bank doesn't even want a password like you do.

#133 ·
I just made a new acount and pmd the admin politely (that was tough i said alot of naughty words out loud over that whole fiasco) explaind the situation and they got back to me in a reasonable amount of time and got it takin care of. I would hate to have been with out the combine forum for that long! Isnt email sposto be faster than the pony express?

#134 ·
Can't seem to load an avatar picture, just says "unable to save image". I choose the picture and tell it to save changes, then it counts up by % for loading it and then it fails! I've changed avatars lots before and I think I am doing this the same as before. File size is not too large either and I have tried from my PC and phone. Help!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.