The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at an auction today 1983? 8820 titan 11 with 4500 hrs went for $27500 cnd. What do you think? Too much? 8560 5200 hrs $47000.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think 27,500 is just alittle steep for that machine. I just looked on tractor house, they had newer machines with less hours around the $20,000 range. I might pay 27 if it came with a header and didn't need any work, and with that many hours it will more than likely need some tinkering done to it. just my cent

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was a 7720 Titan II 1985 with 3100 hrs on it that sold at an auction around here for 21,000 on the 9th. It had new cylinder bars, concave, sieves, straw chopper, walkers, rebuilt unloading auger, two owner machine and the two owners lived 15 miles apart. The second owner bought it 11 years ago for 25,000. Not too bad I'd say.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I don't know about the states but the auction results in Canada, some things are going crazy high.

There are definately no bargains, from what I've seen.

Woody

·
Registered
34 Posts
We purchased an '86 8820 with 5200 hours on it in August of 2007 for $14000 without heads. The machine has been great and was always stored inside.

There was an '87 with 4500 hours?? (cant remember for sure) that went for $28000 no heads at an auction a couple weeks ago.

The combine was in great shape and they claim it never saw water. Which from the looks of things i can believe. I still believe $28000 is a little pricey for a 21 year old combine, but i think everything at sales has been a little high lately.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think that price was a little much on the 8820. My neighbor had one, and when it came to its' care, he was an old maid. I mean, he took GREAT care of that combine. It was so smooth--I still can't get over how smooth that combine was. Anyway, he sold it about 4 years ago, w/ 30' rigid platform, for $21k. Good deal or not, that is what it brought. I often wish I had picked it up as a backup machine.

Since someone else brought up the 7720's, I saw one of those go on Purple Wave for $7,800 (w/out head). I don't know its' condition, but that is what it brought. Purple Wave Auctioneers is/was advertising here on the Forum, and that is where I found them out.
Here's the link to the 7720:
https://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?090422B/5537

Also, a 1997 9600 brought around $30k (again, w/out head)
I did not know anything about this auction until it was waaay too late to register with them; but I wish I had know about this auction house since I am looking for another 9600. From the pics, the combine looked decent, but had some thin flighting, worn belts, etc. I wish I could have gone to look at it, as $30k for the last year of 9600 is a good price (if the condition was reasonable)

A 1999 CIH 2388 brought $75.9k
Several 96 & 9760's brought around $106-110k.
Check 'em out:
https://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?090422B/category/HARVESTING
(Purple Wave link to all harvesting equip.)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
20 series bines have been and will continue to drop like rocks in water. 9000 Series maximizers are the new 20 series, cheap and hardly anybody wants em anymore since their too beatup or to old.

·
Registered
521 Posts

That would make me 'nobody', then, since I want another one....Keep in mind that I'm a 'nobody' that will have an extra $200k in my pocket after I have bought another 9600..I don't want the beat-up ones, though. There are still good ones out there, just gotta look. For what I do, though, it works just fine...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:20 series bines have been and will continue to drop like rocks in water

We demo'ed a 9600 and couldn't get nearly as clean of a sample as we did with the ol' 20 series. The dealer told us we had a pretty clean sample for a 9600 and i felt it was DIRTY compared the the old girls. So I would gladly drop a 9600 in the water for you and save the 88 and 7720.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I used to own 2 8820s about 20 years ago and in my opinion they are now a dinosaur and should be retired competely. Move up to at least a 9000 series and just maybey somebody will still want it when you are finished with it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like to buy stuff at auctions from guys like the king of shinola when they go belly up. Mine may not shine but we have been here d**n near a century and it seems to work for oh about 4 generations. But then again some guys like making payments.......

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
im not saying your a nobody tex, just saying 95% of them are beatup or too high of hours. I would've loved to sell you our 9600 last september. only had 1700sep hours but they were mostly corn so it was probably beatup for you wheat guys lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
'Bert: Absolutely no offense taken, buddy.
Besides, I am not going to let anything anyone says get personal with me when it comes to a friggin' combine!
After all, we are talking about future scrap iron, here...
You and I have posted to one another for a long time, now, and I know you better than that.
What I was saying is that while the 9600 is useless/old/out of date/etc to you guys, it still plays an important part for others. If that labels me as 'out of date', then so be it--I've been called much worse! But I knew where you were comin' from.
My operation is primarily cattle--that is how I pay the bills; so it offends me none when someone says that a 9600/9610 is 'behind the times'. They work great for what I do, and quite frankly I think they are a heckuava' lot more rebuildable than the rotors are.
To each his own
If everyone would abide by that, there would not be near as many pointless squabbles here..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in the same "nobody" class, but I also know it. I'm only in my mid 20's and only doing 200 acres. I would really like to have a combine at least from the 80's. I would like a 7720 for future capacity, looked at a few 9500's and most are too pricey or beat. The 9000 series do have a lot more creature comforts from the cab though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
!! ALL OF YOU 'NOBODYS' STAND UP AND BE COUNTED !!
THEY CAN NOT HOLD US DOWN ANY MORE !!
WE HAVE ENOUGH NUMBERS TO MATTER !!
DON'T LET ANYONE STEP ON YOU EVER AGAIN !!
YOU MATTER !! YOU ARE IMPORTANT !!

(LMAO)
(J/K)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh oh, thems fighten words to a certain...49 year old...female...moderator here.

Don

Yeeeeeeee-Doggies !!!! I ain't uh-touchin' that one with a 10 foot pole !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts