The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Probably because everyone is sitting at home with nothing to spend money on. Did get an email from RB saying no buyer's premiums at farm sales now.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
RB Regina went pretty rich today, equipment was besically dealer price, some even higher. Timed auction is extremely high and it was still 20hr before it starts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dunno who watching but so far the Regina sale doesn't seem to care about the dire **** in the news. Things selling high, as far as I can see.
Yep that's for sure. Lots of US bidders though with the 30% discount they get. One guy from Texas was scooping up almost every piece of livestock related equiptment, some of it for ridiculous prices considering the shape it was in in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Did anyone think there was any bargains at the Regina sale? it seems like the prices at the auction are still strong and have not changed.

·
Super Moderator
2,792 Posts
Was that a one day auction even though listed as two or am I just having trouble navigating RB’s site?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Everything sold high at sale yesterday. Pretty sure most dealers should be smiling today. I guess 5 billion of FCC money has to get spent somehow.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was wondering same thing. Think some of the smaller stuff that wouldn't normally be put in Timed Auction was put in the timed auction. Just speculating... I was surprised how high things went as well. American dollar vs Canadian obviously a huge factor. The guy that bought it cant come here from the states personally with border closing but assume commercial trucker can to pick it up?

I would have thought the cleanliness requirements of farm equipment between borders would have changed since my custom harvesting days 20+ years ago. Back then we hauled/drove machines across the line heading south and back. Border guy would have a look around machines and as long as it was what most of us would consider clean after harvest and put in shed for winter you were good to go (I don't pressure wash under outer tin (I actually haven't even done that the last 5 years) but you need to make it look as new, border guy doesn't know or care about bearings and seals). As you all know there's know way to completely guaranty cleanliness weed seed wise besides machine never working in field. But at a minimum you would need to remove sieves, concaves etc.to properly clean. I know the used **** we buy at dealer is never cleaned to that extent. I worked at seed farm for a while and switching varieties/crop was a huge job. The owner was super anal but it was a full day with 2 guys and that still left some straw stuck/weed seed likely in tin work around fan shroud/tin works.

Maybe that Texas buyer pays BR couple grand to clean it to border spec or the border is still like it was 20 years ago. I know going to and Oz over the pond the Equipment has to be spotless of organic matter from what I'm told.

·
Registered
509 Posts
seems like I just get the RB website figured out and it gets changed again, kinda stumped on finding sales results.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
seems like I just get the RB website figured out and it gets changed again, kinda stumped on finding sales results.
Yea took me a bit a while back to figure out, its under Auctions at top of home page, click on that and a window drops, then to your left it says upcoming auctions and under that it says auction results, click on that and you're in.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I find spring auctions there’s Dick all for deals. Plus lots of guys get stupid during auction time

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
/sigh I’m not going to see how cheap the skid steer mowing decks went for. Sure **** and a dead goose they gave them away since I was not Looking to bid

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you're using your phone app, 1) touch calendar button at bottom of screen. 2) Under yellow banner that says broadcast day is over, select search auction. 3) Select item you are wondering about and it pops up. I find the app easier to get around on than the website.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts