The Combine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
border doesn't really care about a little mud or straw as long as it looks like someone put some effort into making it look decent.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did anyone else notice the 64’ Bourgault cultivator that went for 84000.00? I’m guessing someone got carried away typing zeros

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
RB's site is a disaster, Tuesday morning was a nightmare but I didn't bid anyway. When I left just before noon the online talley was 45 thousand, I wonder if that's exaggerated a bit.

When unused stuff is sold @ sale after sale you know it's making at least retail.

I wonder who the onsite buyers were? RB buying it themselves to resell?

I think all the big John Deere tractors stayed on the Canadian prairies. That was surprising.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’ve often wondered, when it says Texas is bidding, is it for sure a Texan? Or could it be a Canadian on holidays in Texas? I don’t necessarily mean now with Covid-19 happening, but in general.

i saw an S690 combine at a winter Grande Prairie sale sell to Thailand. I really doubt that combine was going to Thailand. I’d say it was more likely a local buyer that was on holidays in Thailand.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
When it showed onsite bidder, those were proxiy bids.
Wouldn't the proxy bid show in the proxy bid column? Or is that optional? I was wondering how that worked as it would show minimum bid and the proxy bidder would lose right away if another bidder was willing to pay more.

Maybe I don't understand proxy bid?

I suppose you could show anywhere on your profile unless online is using the computer's location so a VPN could show you as anywhere on earth.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My oldest brother drilled over seas for years, a month in a month out. He spent most of his time off in Thailand. Cheap Hookers.

So that's what drilling overseas means...

I didn't watch day one much after the trucks but early on there was 20k people online. Later in the day was 58k. I wonder if that is all auctions total?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Who the hell would go to Thailand for holiday?
You'd be surprised how many do! haha

A lot of the divorced welders, off shore rig guys and boiler makers I've worked with over the years spend 3-6 months there a year between turnaround season and month off (rig guys) here in Canada. All are 50 plus years of age and for the reason NVW stated partly. Booze, women, rent, staples, drugs all cheap compared to North America and its relatively safe.

I don't know from experience just what I've bean told.
Just make sure she (what you think is a she) doesn't have a d*ck before you get to wasted is what they say and laugh. Hahahaha crazy

·
Registered
325 Posts
My oldest brother drilled over seas for years, a month in a month out. He spent most of his time off in Thailand. Cheap Hookers.
His name isn’t Jack by chance?
Heard a story of a guy that went there and was telling his coworkers about a hooker he was wilth. She said “ you so big , you so strong, you **** like jackhammer! ”
They just called him Jack after that.

·
Registered
575 Posts
His name isn’t Jack by chance?
Heard a story of a guy that went there and was telling his coworkers about a hooker he was wilth. She said “ you so big , you so strong, you **** like jackhammer! ”
They just called him Jack after that.
Don't know? He was big and strong, this was back in the 70's:)

·
Super Moderator
2,792 Posts
Our connection all morning was terrible. Afternoon was ok. Lots of complaints on twitter. Don’t think the system can handle everyone at home.
Not sure related, accidentally found out you can’t stream Netfix and RB sale off the same router at the same time In my case.
Had to change RB to cell reception as it’s the lessor of the two for data.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So it looks like all on-farm auctions are timed silent auction only... As a buyer I think this kinda stinks, gives everyone tons of time to talk themselves into bidding higher!... I think it might help the sellers get higher prices, so maybe it will help them? Ritchie bros are certainly winning, they aren't taking extra fees, but they don't even have to send anyone out to the sites, it's all on the computer....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wondering if people actually price stuff out before going to a sale (or logging in).
I priced out a 75000 litre double wall fuel tank from the local co-op with pump hoses all set up. Landed in my yard $77,000.
Local Richie farm sale today an identical 2015 used model sold for $89,000.

Great deal.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The same tank everyone and their dog was looking at. Same here priced one out before the sale and was like WTF??? Maybe it had fuel in it?? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Joke's on you guys if there is none to be had. I remember one year I bought a Pattison liquid caddy and later noticed they were selling for more in sales than I paid mere months before. However if a guy needed one then that was the only way to get it because they were sold out. I should have put mine in the auction in hindsight...ha ha

61 - 80 of 139 Posts