The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It's has been generally in timbered hilly country burning, but definitely farms have been totally burnt out and stock killed as well as people. Stock without feed is now a big issue. There was a fire tornado generated by the fire that lifted up 2 fire trucks and flipped them on there backs killing 1 poor person. these trucks weighed 13 ton. Saturday is going to be a really bad day. Basically below Sydney is burnt or in danger of being burnt. A month ago it was above Sydney that burnt. It is absolutely horrific what is happening. I hope the greenies are happy with locking up vast areas and doing nothing with it , but this long ongoing drought and relenting heat also plays a major part.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Agree with you silverrod . I wonder how many greenies belong to the RFS (volunteer firefighters). Guess that would be too difficult as you can't get your skinny decafe soy latte delivered to a fire truck somewhere.

·
Registered
388 Posts
According to the CBC, the fires are a direct result of climate change , coal mining and a bad prime minister.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’m getting a little sick of people always blaming a disaster On climate change. The wether has always be changing Since the begging of time. My grandma is 102 years old and she can remember since she was 5. And the story’s she can tell about wether is unreal !! Wether is always changing.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I’m getting a little sick of people always blaming a disaster On climate change. The wether has always be changing Since the begging of time. My grandma is 102 years old and she can remember since she was 5. And the story’s she can tell about wether is unreal !! Wether is always changing.
Sadly, this IS caused by "climate change", or, more accurately, the swindle that is anthropological climate change. The majority of the fires are arson (according to recent reports) and it's likely that these arsonist started the fires in order to promote their "climate change" narrative so, in essence, if there was no "climate change" scam, there would have been no reason for these arsonists to start these fires. A DIRECT relationship to the "climate change" scam.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The fires aren't a result from climate change. The weather conditions we are experiencing could be blamed on climate change (if you're a climate change advocate) because the whole country is tinder dry. But the fire are a result of poor management from governments pandering to fuckwit greenies. Australia is designed to burn. The black fellas (politically incorrect but I don't give a sh1t) have been burning the place for 40,000 years. They knew how it works. In 2016 we had the best winter rains we've seen in a long time. As a result we've built up this massive fuel load that, as most people would have predicted, is going to contribute to a severe bushfire problem at some point down the track. But the greens have banned controlled burning. Strategic burning under controlled circumstances during cooler months were it can be planned and controlled would have near eliminate this catastrophe. The greens also banned grazing in forestries. It's a no brainer running cattle to reduce fuel loads.
I very much doubt the motive for arson is to punch the climate change agenda. It's more kids, fire bugs and nut cases.
A question for the Aussies on here though; has ScoMo handled this that badly? He's coping a flogging the (lefty) press.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Precisely, everyone seems to have forgotten 2016 and what that meant for fuel load into an extensive drought. Look at the state of the fire trails and the non existent break lines for backburning, it's not just "green" policy but simple cost cutting and lazy management from all sides of politics. It's basically a perfect storm of fire conditions, but people saying it's unprecedented are ridiculous when we only have a hundred odd years of records out of 40 odd thousand years of human settlement.
Scomo hasn't really handled it very well but then it's not his job either, fires are clearly the responsibility of the states and the feds have supplied everything that's been requested by the states. Are we really that pathetic as people that we need a fatherly pm figure going around patting people on the head telling us it's going to be ok, or an ardern type donning a fire helmet and jacket to address the nation to share thoughts and prayers?

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
I have a friend that lives in the northern part of Costa Rica and every year the locals burn the undergrowth to prevent exactly what is going on in Australia. And it also moves the snakes out as a bonus.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
According to the CBC, the fires are a direct result of climate change , coal mining and a bad prime minister.

Yup! We've never had wildfires before in Australia. This is something completely new for us and yes, Coal Miners are all arsonists...that's what they do at night...creep out of their beds and light stuff...and if our Prime Minister had not been away in Hawaii on holiday, none of this would have happened! None of it, I tell you!!!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yup! We've never had wildfires before in Australia. This is something completely new for us and yes, Coal Miners are all arsonists...that's what they do at night...creep out of their beds and light stuff...and if our Prime Minister had not been away in Hawaii on holiday, none of this would have happened! None of it, I tell you!!!
How dare you

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
STO, Lynas is only taking the piss out of the lefty's but with another 2 dead today so far and 28 accounted for it is far from a joking matter. It's 46.5c now at 1.00pm and windy so I hope we don't have a fire start here today as we have no chance of stopping a fire on a day like this.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Pretty sure it was a tongue in cheek Greta quote SilverRod.
But your right, these fires are far from a joking matter.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,717 Posts
[QUOTE="Auscocky, post: 3379586,
A question for the Aussies on here though; has ScoMo handled this that badly? He's coping a flogging the (lefty) press.
[/QUOTE]

Worse than badly.............

4-6 weeks ago every single possible bit of machinery that can haul and hold water from the defence forces should have been at the fire fronts.

We haven’t heard hardly anything in the media of the many many times the RFS has been out of water and out of machinery

Secondly ever piece of machinery that the Defence Forces has that can flatten a tree should have been making massive fire breaks thru as much of the terrain as possible. If just to slow it down and stop that air born tree top fire.

Thirdly all the possible fire planes from the US should have been here

Fourthly Our fleet of Hercules planes MUST ALL also be converted to fire fighters as per the story on Twitter.

We hadn’t even scratched the surface of a bad fire weather when all this started.

Any idiot would know there was limited time to try and get control of these things before what’s happened and happening now.

I could go on..........

·
Registered
473 Posts
We know the defense force isn't going to stop a serious invasion, may as well be set up to protect Australia from our true enemies like fire and flood.
That would be a true return on investment.

·
Premium Member
5,150 Posts
Sadly, this IS caused by "climate change", or, more accurately, the swindle that is anthropological climate change. The majority of the fires are arson (according to recent reports) and it's likely that these arsonist started the fires in order to promote their "climate change" narrative so, in essence, if there was no "climate change" scam, there would have been no reason for these arsonists to start these fires. A DIRECT relationship to the "climate change" scam.
You all know I am no conspiracy theorist...but given what has been going on lately in Canada and Aus I am seriously wondering if the reports the FT Mac fire wasn't purposely set as well.

I honestly hope the Aus government grows some balls and makes those bastards pay. It is sickening to watch day after day on the MSM and all we hear is "climate change" but when I go on Twitter there are the facts, arrest numbers and more. What was the last one charged, the budding tv meteorologist? They should be chained to the trees a quarter mile ahead of what they started. Even that is too good as its too quick.
You guys down there stay safe.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
STO, Lynas is only taking the piss out of the lefty's but with another 2 dead today so far and 28 unaccounted for it is far from a joking matter. It's 46.5c now at 1.00pm and windy so I hope we don't have a fire start here today as we have no chance of stopping a fire on a day like this.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts