The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no posts on here.

Australian crop for 2/3rd of country average to well above other 1/3 havent travelled to far but doubt it could be called below average.

Poor so there no middle ground between ratings it seems.

Forecasts suggest declining rainfalls in spring so poor areas wont make a remarkable recovery.

Myself think smack bang on average maybe just a tad above with cool spring and some rain.

·
Registered
472 Posts
weather network had a bit about snow in Victoria / NSW a few days ago.... did it do any damage or are crops still pretty small?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
South of the ranges in vic looks good.

Southern wimmera the little ive seen is good.

Emerald QLD very good but not alot planted.

Havent heard much on central to nthn nsw???

Nthn SA is poor i believe.

It is pis*ing down in Portland as i write this. Shes wet.

Ant...

Ant...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
From what I understand, 3/4 of NSW and all of Southern Qld is either poor and hanging on by a thread, or not planted at all.
Large areas not planted!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's good here but starting to go off around the trees, so a good rain soon we would be above average, without a rain who knows? Go 30 ks east or north and it turns to sh't quickly.
STO you haven't missed much been away from this site, it's now all about Class been the best and everything else is crap. That's why we see every second farm has a Class combine.I better go and get another drink of soy milk (VB). non GMO of course

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
We only put in 4500ac, all wheat, and 2000 of that was to just stop wind erosion. Had 3mm last week and ice on everything Friday and today. Been a lot more ice than normal this year and a few days have been mid 30s, sometimes both on the same day. Last decent rain was 19.5mm on the 5th July, have only had 104mm for the whole year.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's good here but starting to go off around the trees, so a good rain soon we would be above average, without a rain who knows? Go 30 ks east or north and it turns to sh't quickly.
STO you haven't missed much been away from this site, it's now all about Class been the best and everything else is crap. That's why we see every second farm has a Class combine.I better go and get another drink of soy milk (VB). non GMO of course
Lol I run a class 670 nowadays has around 1700 thresher hours on it. Goes ok I don’t ge into combine arguments much.

See not much on marketing threads either

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,723 Posts
From Condo NSW to somewhere about mid southern QLD is screwed.

I hear they are chopping crops for hay in the small golden triangle, just north east of Moree. That’s bad. Real bad.

The big wheat areas of the north west plains didn’t even plant.

Walgett, Coonamble, Moree, Mungindi, etc etc
Nothing. Not even weeds

The Downs, Liverpool Plains, The big Dish. Bad
All bad.

South East of the Newell Hwy is okay but can go bad quick or Jack Frost can still nail it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
West of the Newell Hwy at Jerilderie is green but low yield potential. Our heavy country has patchy germination so hoping for a bit more rain ,then the sheep will go in. East of the Newell is good,also the further south you go the better it gets. Finley is OK , Tocumwal is good and Victoria is having a good season at least straight down the middle through Shepparton to Melbourne. Free water sitting along roadsides and canola at fence top height just about to start flowering

·
Registered
771 Posts
Long time no posts on here.

Australian crop for 2/3rd of country average to well above other 1/3 havent travelled to far but doubt it could be called below average.

Poor so there no middle ground between ratings it seems.

Forecasts suggest declining rainfalls in spring so poor areas wont make a remarkable recovery.

Myself think smack bang on average maybe just a tad above with cool spring and some rain.

WA has a fair area where the Canola is rooted but the high rainfall areas dont have much waterlogging so I think that will more than compensate. Cereals will be average or better than average taking the state as a whole given an average finish. As always September will make or break it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2 weeks since aust crop thread started time for update.

Really no change here a few top ups of rain think maybe 10mm in total over 3 falls.

Biggest change probably in west australia to me looking from outside things have improved there dramatically for 70% of the state?

Other dry patches still dry.

So im still average or slightly above hows everyone else travelling.

Not that any one cares wool market for those of us who have sheep woll market continues to grind lower lost nearly 30% since march, but mostly last 4 weeks. Blame in on tarriff war my self china not buying and less markets to supply with there products.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shouldnt post it here but may not get a response other wise got a hardi saritor 2014 build. Lost all electrical power to radio and aircon can seem to pinpoint it. Fuses, regulators ,all good might be in wiring in the roof perhaps?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts