The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Nail biting stuff, STO.

For Nth NSW and Sth QLD it will be dry until the end of the year, then a very wet start to next year. A tremendous season will follow after that, with record yields.

Like your optimism mate! I sincerely hope we all have a cracker next year ....... plus irrigation water!

But I’m just going to hedge my bets & buy $10k of shares in Johnson & Johnson ....... think they still make Vaseline!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Just got back from 7 weeks in Canada. It was dry before I left.
This is as bad as I've seen it, with some pretty destructive bushfires around too.
Not having a winter crop is unheard of around here. We have missed two in a row now.
Canada aye! I hear it's a terrible place! What part did you get to suffer?

rod;3360205/ said:
But I’m just going to hedge my bets & buy $10k of shares in Johnson & Johnson ....... think they still make Vaseline!
I buy bulk generic in 44g drums! One drum used to do me a year, but I've been going through a lot more since I started growing mungbean's.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Horrible place...everything was green, the people were too friendly, they drive on the wrong side of the road, snow capped mountains, wildlife, glaciers, lakes, waterfalls......you name it. And their wheat was only going a ton and half/acre.
We seen most of it. Did the Rocky's, our son's working on a place near Imperial Sash so spent a few days with him and then did Toronto to Quebec. I see why the Canadian boys on here get the shits with their gov. Poor old Regina hasn't had a cent spent on it for 30 years but you get over to Ottawa etc and there's monuments, sculptures, parks, new buildings to house gov employees etc.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Horrible place...everything was green, the people were too friendly, they drive on the wrong side of the road, snow capped mountains, wildlife, glaciers, lakes, waterfalls......you name it. And their wheat was only going a ton and half/acre.
We seen most of it. Did the Rocky's, our son's working on a place near Imperial Sash so spent a few days with him and then did Toronto to Quebec. I see why the Canadian boys on here get the shits with their gov. Poor old Regina hasn't had a cent spent on it for 30 years but you get over to Ottawa etc and there's monuments, sculptures, parks, new buildings to house gov employees etc.
OMG! That sounds awful! Even worse than I imagined! How could anybody live there! The only saving grace, I guess, is that they have a really cool prime minister! :27:

·
Registered
739 Posts
From I'm lead to believe after my brief lesson on Canadian history is that the British defeated the French somewhere near Montreal and the agreement was that all assets were assigned to the British, but the French could keep their language, civil laws and religion.
The Brits might have won the French are running the place, and controlling where revenue is spent.

Anyway, we've got enough problems of our own. Like when the fuk is ever going to rain???

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

On behalf of us Canadians, I want to apologize for Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec, sorry you had to go through that! You should have visited Manitoba, we don't drive on the wrong side here, we have to drive down the middle because most of the pavement is missing on the edges. We also don't have those mountains obstructing our view and wreaking havoc with our weather!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Also, Canadians have a sense of humour that provides them the ability to understand Ozzie lingo & jokes!

Under the 49th parallel ....... that's not so often the case! ;)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Last there in 17 hired a pick up drove around for bit over a month 6800 kms freeloaded of farmers basically hole time. Originally had a wedding Calgary. Went to tiny place in Montana plevna far north as Dawson’s creek balcarres rolling hills turner valley humbolt cardston and everywhere in between don’t venture out of western Canada or Montana sd and nd

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Starting to think there’s not a single farmer in SA and VIC without at least some minor frost damage another one this morning just gone

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
None in st.arnaud as of yesterday reported. Crops look good.

I can confirm my crop is not affected because its still in the bulka bag, havent got around to sowing it yet, ill get there one day... just checked pics last year i sowed 31st october.

Ant...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Sat to tues for wimmera is not looking good, sqaure balers will be busy this year. Some will have to be affected.

If you a hay consumer you will be in luck this year.

Ant...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
South of ranges in vic, awesome

Southern wimmera nth of ranges awesome, odd bit of frost in these parts

Eastern vic crops looking very handy by all accounts, some saying best ever around bendigo.

Ant...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Went through there on way to yp. Should have called in on good mate Konzy Richard.

Were some barley crops past the frost stage? And bugger all canola anywere
Early wheat and barely were past mostly I think but flowering lentils weren’t , one farmer in the area without and hay gear or sheds has cut down 800Ha of wheat

41 - 60 of 103 Posts