The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wanting to post a few pictures from my time in Australia with Mark Harris (known as marcus on this forum)

I spent five weeks harvesting in Balranald, NSW. Started with barley, a bit of vetch, field peas, lupins, and then wheat. Yields were excellent this year and most of the crop was standing very good. Great guy to work for and also got to know some great people who we were harvesting for. Can't wait to go back!

Attachments

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,717 Posts
Was wanting to post a few pictures from my time in Australia with Mark Harris (known as marcus on this forum)

I spent five weeks harvesting in Balranald, NSW. Started with barley, a bit of vetch, field peas, lupins, and then wheat. Yields were excellent this year and most of the crop was standing very good. Great guy to work for and also got to know some great people who we were harvesting for. Can't wait to go back!

Edit.....having a hard time with the pics loading. Would email a few to someone if they would want to post them.

I wonder if you have pics of "Peters" incident.............??:hits-the-fan:

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,717 Posts
There's a few posts in the archives about how to post pics. Use the search box..........

It's easy with a smart phone, just takes a while at times to get them uploaded.

Might be easier to start your own album in the gallery if you have many pics to upload, but I don't think many people go there................reckon they just hang out in the Active Topics section.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was doing it right before by just dragging and dropping, but had to resize them, and for some reason it wasnt telling me to do that at first. Worked fine after resizing. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a custom modification for the air cleaner on the 7230. What can you tell me about it.
That was the farmers machine, not the one I was running, but yes, he built it to keep the intake as far above the dust as possible. I blew air filter out every day and he did every 3-5 days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did the 7140 go? Looking to maybe upgrade the 2388. Would be a 40 ft front? Any rough capacity numbers? Nice pics i dont mind the country up there ��

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did the 7140 go? Looking to maybe upgrade the 2388. Would be a 40 ft front? Any rough capacity numbers? Nice pics i dont mind the country up there ��
The 7140 handled the 40' well. Switched machines halfway thru and the second machine had a 45' and it handled it fine as well. Capacity was limited to roughly 30 ton/hr, but from talking to others, the wheat was threshing extra hard this year and especially the varieties we were in. Mark was up north on heavy irrigated wheat hitting over 50 ton/hr in some conditions. Would not want anything smaller than a 40' Machine went well with no breakdowns. Some nicer features on the flagship machines and the 72 was running a little nicer sample with probably a bit more capacity in most conditions but the 71 wasn't bad. I do think the feederhouse is too small for the capacity of the machine. It makes a bit of a racket under load. Also wish they'd put the same unloading auger on the 140's as the flagships have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts