The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Rubberduck!

Looks like you are doing just fine Down Under - very cool video!!!

Wish it was me...

All best to you! And enjoy the nice warm Aussie x-mas - you aint missing out on a white x-mas back here at home - it's +3 degrees and rainy............

- Peter

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the video!

What do the police say about the pickup mounted on the front of the combine?

Will yous be cutting on Christmas day?

- Gordon

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everybody! Im glad you liked it, took a bit of effort to get it like that

Yes the crop look thin in spots, but i put it in there because i was trying to show what it is like down here. Australia is so diverse in Agriculture. That very poor barly crop in the video, is only 850 km from were i am now, harvesting 7-8 tons to the hectare. So its intresting like that.

We havent really gotten any trouble at all from the cops. Maybe it is legal, i dunno. Dont care either. The Combine just handles so much better on the road with the car in the front, than without it. And its absolutely a wonderfull way of being mobile around all the small jobs i am doing at the moment. You got everything you need in that outfit.

The belt pickup shot! I actually just duct taped my camera to some frame work next to the belt, and just drove a bit more carefully
A bit of a gamble, but worth it.

(un)fortunatly we had heaps of rain in this end a few days ago, so right now we are trying to celebrate christmas together as a crew. Good fun doing it the aussie way defintly diffrent when you are used to danish conditions

Anyway. Merry christmas everyone

·
Registered
886 Posts
YOUR IN AUSTRALIA AND YOU DIDNT COME SEE ME!

I'm not happy with you mate, We were ment to go to the Pub an have a few (you were paying of course)

lol, Nah, j/k, I'm a lil underage. But it would be cool.

Wich crew are you running with? (hasn't watched the video yet)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rubberduck
Very very good, exelent job you did, putting the video together.
It brings back memorys from 18 years ago,when I was driving a chaser bin for a few weeks in the soutern part of Qld.
Merry christmas to you.(Glaedelig jul.)
Regards Mikael

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like The idea moving the pickup around.
I would like to make something similar for shifting the ute, here in Denmark.
Would you be able to get some close-ups of the frame for the ute?
TIA Mikael

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you want to come out to Australia Again, I'd recommend Running with John Brennan's Contract Harvesting Company, they run Case's, Mainly 2388's and the like. As far as I know there a good crew, Well worth looking into.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Moltke its me! How are you going by the way? And where in Australia are you going to work?

And who are you gonna work for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts