Nothing ready yet in nsw
No not seriously wet actually handy for finishing later crops

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have half finished harvest already . Hail
Had 80mm and it's not too wet yet
Yields above average or exceptional you might get unwanted top up over next 10 days
changed title all can join in for others from around the world can get a handle on aussie harvest.
myself will have average to below average wheat maybe almost average canola beans only 2 Nd year so not sure what average is look ok.
Barley below average small heads half size of normal but looks great from road drive by but just not there.
hay cut will be below average.
stick feed below average. will unload more stock when Vic lifts covid restrictions stuffing up processing only half meatworks are operating

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Feel for you STO. I had amazing crops but hail took out all my barley, and fair percentage of peas, canola and half my wheat and the rest is damaged. I'm insured. Plenty of mice feed. I've gone from trying to work out harvest logistics to it's easy now. Just lost my bragging rights

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,864 Posts
So your old header might be available to help me Srod.........?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Very wet here south of the divide in Victoria. Still a few folk sowing crops in the last few weeks. Some is very good but a lot of water damage and so overall there will be less harvested here than the last few years. Still at least 6 weeks away from a start. Beans look to be the best performing crop around the district this year, seemed to have handled the water better.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,864 Posts
Canola windrowing next week so that will be the start of harvest in northern Riverina about 28-30th. Barley, wheat and peas all later this year. Still cool cold conditions. Still got the split systems on.........🤦‍♂️

I hear the big wheat areas on the northern western plains are later than normal
ie: Walgett, moree, Coonamble

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah 3 weeks away still working on ole Claas 670 pre harvest stuff. Getting hard to get parts for the old girl. Most reliable combine I’ve owned. Laverda NH Gleaner then. Low hour claas

·
Registered
495 Posts
What are you struggling to get parts for. I’m still running a old 460 and so far haven’t struggled with parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts