The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is required to get AHHC working on our R62? We have never had it on any other combine. We only do wheat so there has been no need in the past.

This combine came with it and I see the module with the dial mounted on the cab post above the console. There is also an extra module inside the console. Outside the machine is some linkage that runs to a potentiometer and it connects the feeder house with the machine (so I guess the 'brain" knows where the header is in relationship to the machine?).

What else is needed? Is there a piece that mounts to the header? I've heard several people use it in wheat just because it is there and makes for less operator fatigue on 14 hour days.

Maybe all we need is already there? We just don't know how to set it up.

OKFarmer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello from Saskatchewan, Canada..

It is hard to tell based upon what I know of your Header, but we are using an AGCO/Gleaner 800 Flex Header (and had a 700 Series Draper as well, similar system)..

If you have any such header, look under the "flip up service cover" on the Left Hand (Driver's) end of the header.. Depending upon the year made you would possibly see a Set Up of 3 springs on a piece of clear Plexiglas/plastic and a Control Arm that is actuated by a series of Arms under the header when the Cutterbar/Pan flexes and the changes in height are transferred to a 3/4" Rod that runs Full Length on the header.. The changes are "sensed" by the Springs and an Electrical Contact and the Voltage is then sent to the Auto Header Height Control to tell it to move up or down a set amount depending upon what "degree of sensitivity" you have it set to..

Hope this makes some sense, ours works quite well, it only has required a minimal amount of set up time once as long as you don't Knock a lot of Big Rocks off the Control Arms or Rod to make it read inaccurately!!

Please advise if this helps, if it is a different header I would think it must be a similar/compatible system.. Maybe..

BobW

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
we use a ahhc from a company called Headsite on our Honeybee draper and R72, works well in everything from lentils to wheat. i highly recommend it if your header isn't compatable with your ahhc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My guess is that you have the feederhouse return to cut feature . this should work with any header . ours works with the corn head and will put the head back to the same level after each turn also works with the rigid head for small grain. for a flex head the same box controls the head but works off the pentometer onthe head as described in silvercan's post. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts