The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2206 with auto header height and field tracker, the field tracker works fine ,but the header height just bounces up and down the sensitivity knob is set all the way down. The dealer said that he has the right sensor on for a 1600 series combine. They told me to try opening the accumulator valve, but that didn't make any difference. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am not sure if this applies to a corn head but on a 1020 head if you have the newest style potentiometer and the linkage instead of the cable for the header height control you have to add an adapter harness which has a resistor built into it to change the signal back to the combine. This turns the sensitivity down more. This is used on 1600's only. Maybe something to check into.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think the sensors are the same for the 2100 & 1600 on a 2200 series head. What is different is the wire harness between the sensor and the main factory harness on the head (about 3ft long). The harness has a resistor in-line if you feel the wiring carefully there is a slight bulge in the one for a 1600.
Had a 2206 that was on a 1600 combine originally and put it on a 2300 and it would not work until I took the resistors out of the harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, you were right, it was the wiring harness with resistor. The dealer did not realize there was a difference in the harness and just changed the sensor and not the short piece of harness. It works fine now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts