The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9510 with a 920F head.With every thing running ,when you hit the down button it does not continue to the ground to engage the the sensor for auto head control.The contour works-checked wiring /plugs everything I can think of.... any thoughts out there !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is the wiring going through header enclosed above the feeder house. If so you may have some bare wires in there. (It will do all kinds of weird stuff if that is the case) Happened on my 4400 and just fixed it on my 6620. That wire does not need to be enclosed in the head. Mice have a safe haven when it is in there. Thus going forward the next head I buy, it will be put out side on top of the feeder house.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will check that -seems Ok from both ends but I will have a look-had a JD tech working on it for 1 1/2 day and still can't find the problem-replaced boards & relays with no luck- errrrrrrr !!!!Maybe tomorrow .
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy cow. I don't want to second guess any one but I assume there is power at the sensing box. And again I assume there is a signal coming from the sensing box to the down solenoid (the one that is in the line not part of the valve stack).if there is magnetism at this valve I wonder if it is just not moving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for there replies-Wornhard it actually came back to your suggestion about the wire through the head-the sad thing is we checked that first thing on Thursday (continuity)from the sensor to plug and seems fine(all 6 wires were had separate power and nothing crossed).What finally found were several burnt and bare wires inside the protective covering( that looked perfect from the outside )on the wire from the combine that you plug into your header as well as the female plug had melted internally-when that did not solve the problem we pulled the wires out of header and found mice had chewed a lot of the wires-how they tested Ok ???? Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.