The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone may have asked this earlier but I am having trouble with the auto header. Had the tech out and said to replace the height selector knob in console. Not the problem. You can lower the header and move the height switch and the head will slowly pulsate and sporaticaly raise. You can turn the knob lower and it will stop and thats it. Turn it higher and it starts pulsating again. I have to manually lower it to the ground when its in auto. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I assume you are running a 1020 flex head. If you are lift the head all the way up lock the cylinder and go to the side with the height indicator and see if you can move that freely both up and down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pull the plug under the cab and check continuity with the header plug. Believe there are two light green and one darker green wires. The darker green is the one that is broke if it's the same as the newer machines. Had problems with mine and have heard the wires break in the feeder area and sure enough. Had the exact symptoms you have. Was fine in beans last year so figured it was something simple. BTW the plug I am referring to is under the door area like it goes up the back cab post. It goes down inside the cover in front of the rotor and from there is where the flexing issues happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts