The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, just wondering who if any of you have fitted an auto grease setup to a SP sprayer, specifically a 4430 Case, I see Case have released a Lincoln system as a Case part number for their sprayers. I'm just wondering if its worth looking into or not and how much work is involved in fitting it?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
98 Posts
i can't comment on how much work it is to put it on aftermarket, but there are a fair few zerks on the machines and if youre gonna have hired men running it, the autolube might be your best bet of actually getting grease at those pivot points.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Mate I would not have a auto grease on sprayer. Auto grease are a high $$ toy unless you are in a high use high wear situation. They are not set and forget. Only as good as the installation, the adjustment of the doses and inspection of the system. Wear out a lot of grease guns for $10 to $15k.

Madsnake

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Madsnake they are talking $5k or so for this setup through case parts, all I have seen is a picture of one so far but its supposed to be something from Case that is going to go on all the extended tank sprayers. Really not sure what to think about it at the moment.

steve

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Sound cheap, I thought they were over a $10k option to add to say a 928 loader on pd. also price the grease before you commit some need special stuff that adds up.

On say a 928 loader a auto grease install was a days work for some one that dose them all the time.

How many hour greasing is the machine?

Madsnake

·
Super Moderator
1,450 Posts
I think if you were going to be using UAN a lot then it might be worth it.
In the baler use 00 grease @$100/20kg

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the grease points are 10 hr ones with a few 50 hr ones, its not too bad a job but the boom needs to be folded out to get to most of them which means you cant just run round it while its sitting at the tank in the morning.
Thanks gv, never priced bulk grease before.

steve

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had the Lincoln autolube on my 4430. I would definitely send the money for it if I was you. I never touched it besides putting grease in it. It worked flawlessly and really helped keeping the machine maintained. I'm all about good maintenance even if you don't have it but after a week of 1200 acres a day you don't always feel like servicing like you should at 3 in the morning or after quiting at midnight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive never been around one on a sprayer before but had them on alot of heavy equipment I've ran and IMHO I would never pay for one. Not that they dont work well but I like to first of all know that the bushing /bearing is actually taking grease but I also like to have a good look around as im greasing I find more potential problems as im greasing than at any other time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I looked at putting it on after we got the Miller 4240. 67 grease points would have done $7000 in.With the 4365 and 120 boom they put bushings in the main pins and changed how the grease went around the pins in other areas.Now I wouldn't rush to put one on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Auto grease on anything besides a baler is a waste of money in my opinion. Pivot points don't move enough to need constant greasing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Auto greaser

My Miller 4275 came with one on it. Would never have a sprayer without it. My Case cotton picker also has one. It has reduced cam track wear to next to nothing on it. We use Mystik grease in both fill out of 120 lb drum with air grease gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts