The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tractor is not Guidance ready. I would like to potentially plant with guidance. What are my options? I have been looking at Autopilot Motor drive and not the one that hooks up to the hydraulics, mostly because the hydraulics are already over-full with pulling the planter. What else will I need? What other options are there? What will it cost? Anything helps.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hydraulic auto steer is going to use close to the same amount of hydraulic as an electric motor running the steering wheel

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Usually an add-on electric over hydraulic steering valve block takes its oil from the same lines that feed your steering wheel valve (tees into them). The PWM valve's output is teed into the lines on the steering cylinders. Depending on whether your tractor is closed or open center hydraulics, you'll need a different sort of valve. Any of the vendors who sell add-on systems can point you in the right direction. Ag Leader, Outback, Raven, etc.

Also you could ask the DIY guys how they are doing it at http://agopengps.discourse.group. Several farmers have added their own hydraulic valves to their tractors in parallel with the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I just installed the Ez-Pilot Pro, NAV900, RTK with a GFX750 in my non-auto steer ready Puma ........ & it works great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My tractor is not Guidance ready. I would like to potentially plant with guidance. What are my options? I have been looking at Autopilot Motor drive and not the one that hooks up to the hydraulics, mostly because the hydraulics are already over-full with pulling the planter. What else will I need? What other options are there? What will it cost? Anything helps.
My 2 bobs worth .
Option 1. If you think you can DIY and you want to DIY, then start researching the google, otherwise...
Optioin 2 Find out who is your best Guidance support team in your area and buy whatever it is that they provide.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I have a trimble 500 in a tractor and am looking to upgrade. Been researching a bit this morning. I see some ez steer systems with gfx 350 for $5000 on ebay. Doubt it would get much cheaper than that and work as well. Might need a bracket or something also. If you do straight lines 95% of the time. The ez steer works great. The ez pilot with electric motor built into the steering wheel works great also and can do almost as good as the full integrated hyudraulic system. The ez pilot system alone appears to cost around $4000. You can expect a cable or two needed, maybe?? Cables range from $50-400 each.

Just learned trimble has another correction system coming out. Subscription is what I should call it. Viewpiont RTX, $400 per year and 30cm or 1 foot year to year accuracy, 6" pass to pass??? I like that for us larger acre cereal crop farmers. I never heard what happens to rangepoint?

My advice would be to go with Trimble or Deere or someone with correction service. That extra does make it much better system.

Check with Triangle Ag services in Fort Benton, MT. Home - Triangle Ag-Services They know Trimble systems and have a special going on now with 20% off steering system when you buy a monitor also?? I got the email yesterday and why it reminded me to look into this today. They also have great support, ask about what they offer on the support end. Support is worth a bunch when it comes to tech. Hard to keep up with it all on your own. Lance Wickum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts