The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running AHC on our new 12 row corn head. Is anybody else running this and are you happy with how low you have to run the corn head in order to make AHC work right? It seems to me that we are having to really run low to the ground and our tailings are running a little higher than if you were to manually run your corn head around 19 or 20. If we run on the highest setting on AHC our corn head bounces from one end of the field to the other.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What do you have your sensitivity at? my guess its at 100. Lower it that head works great and any height you set it at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sensitivity set at 66 along with 5 other machines in our area. If sensitivity is set any lower it will not raise header fast enough on bad sprinkler tracks if you run irrigated circles; and btw, how much did you bet becuase you just lost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply, I will try it at 80 and see if that helps. Earlier you bet that it was on a 100 and I was just being sarcastic and said you lost your bet. No hard feelings intended. Thanks for the info. Ah, I see "guess," did you modify your post?

·
Registered
143 Posts
nope i did not change a thing didnt know you could. I also have the tilt set at 80 in fact i have all 4 settings at 80%.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John Deere came out and put an update on our AHC. Not sure if it helped or not but we are no longer running our AHC. I defiantly think it has its place; such as downed corn. Otherwise you have to basically run header on the ground for it to work right. I changed the sensitivity to 50 and that seemed to help a little with the bouncing.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
This for a 70 series.

Current AHC settings cause the head to bounce or tilt too often, too wildly, or both.

Reprogram the LC1 controller to the latest software version. Make sure that all software has the same major revision level. If it does not, all controllers will have to be updated.

After reprogramming is successful, check the following LC1 addresses and set to the default values if necessary:

120 (Tilt [Contour Master] Deadband) Default Setting: 50

121 (Tilt [Contour Mater] Gain) XXXnnn Default Setting: 25

121 (Tilt Contour Master Levelling Deadband) nnnXXX Default Setting: 10

122 (Feederhouse Position Deadband) Default Setting: 50

123 (Feederhouse Position Gain) Default Setting: 50

124 (Height Sensing Deadband) Default Seting: 50

125 (Height Sensing Gain) Default Setting: 50

145 (Height Sensing Gain) Default Setting: 50

146 (Height Sensing Deadband) Default Setting: 50

147 (Lateral Tilt Deadband) Default Setting: 50

After checking the addresses above, the only further changes for tuning should be done via the AUTO AHC sensitivity through the armrest button. Pressing the button once will change the Manual Raise Lower Speed, pressing the button twice changes the Header Height Sensitivity, and pressing it three times adjusts the Lateral Tilt Sensitivity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts