The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to know if anyone on here has experience setting up auto steer in a Toyota Landcruiser. I didn't think it would be possible, but have recently heard of people doing it. I currently spray with a Trimble 500 guidance display, would an ezy steer 500 work in a vehicle like this? Any help appreciated- cheers.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Yeah thanks for the replies lads ill have a look at the ezy pilot system. Ha offroadnt i reckon I would be able to set an AB Line from the local pub- the possibilities!!
Yep, always thinkin ;). Plus the wife would be far less cranky and you don't have to stay on the horse :D.

I use an Easy Steer in an International 4900 Loral, it works pretty good only I can't set the sensitivity low enough to disengage by turning the wheel because the steering wheel jerks back and forth when you hit ruts and holes in the field because of the mechanical link to the front wheels. I built my own bracket and it mounts to the steering column mounting bolts. The Easy Steer mount flexes a half inch but I think it actually helps reduce wear on the drive wheel and absorbs some of the shock created by the steering wheel. That may not be a problem on your Ute though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know it's not Trimble. But a few guys around here have used topcon electric steering wheels aes-25.local engineer knocks up the bosses to fit. Works a treat. One guy put a wheel angle sensor on and got dead accurate at 25km. If you used a x30 I don't have experiences with trimble but create a identical curve to and back from pub you should be right. Load the right line though so your on the right side of the road.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Out of curiosity.... why do you want to put a guidance system on a ute? Do you spray with them, or is it to feel up the sheep with both hands while driving down the road?;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.