The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'M OUT THEN !! (when it comes to putting that on an 8820)

I was thinking that it would be around $5K - $6k--that would be enough, in my book, to spend on the 20 series machine.

Good for them, though! Sick 'em!

·
Registered
34 Posts
That whole system can be transfered from machine to machine though. So that 10 grand will probably go to work in the drill and sprayer too.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good deal. I knew the console could be transferred, cause that's what we do, too, just not on the combine.

How many $$ worth of equipment, sensors and harnesses stay on the combine?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's just a ATU. All you need to do is pull off the steering wheel, the Display, and the beacon. We did this in our planting tractor this spring and will put it in the combine(9500) in the fall. Just buy cables for both machines and the switchover will be pretty quick.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yep! Shore-'nuff!! I had something completely different in my mind. I was thinking this had GPS & yield monitoring--
the whole 9 yards..never stopped to READ for a minute.... my bad!!

Yeah, I thought about taking one of the S-2's off a tractor and putting it on my combine, but nahh...don't think I'll do it..

I believe BrewMax has a S-2 (Outback) controlling his 9610.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can actually transfer EVERYTHING. But im guessing they will leave the cords and move the monitor, steering wheel and bulb.

We used to move the cords and all between our air drill and spraying tractors but we bought a 9300 with autosteer this year so now we just have to transfer the bulb and monitor.
It will be a whole lot nicer that one man can do it by himself.

·
Registered
521 Posts

BrewMax,
I have thought about purchasing the wiring harness, and let one of my S2's control the JD 9600....Works nice?
Do you find yourself using it quite a bit, or do you not use it very much?

hmm....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts