The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Its only 50g/L of pinoxaden compared to the regular 100 g/L of Axial 100 EC.
Yes, but the g/ac works out to the same.

Planning on Axial Extreme + Curtail M on some barley ground if the rain ever quits.

I also tried pricing it as Momentum (CPS) + MCPA + Axial 100(or Axial BIA). It was a bit cheaper ($1/ac) but local CPS is sold out of Momentum and can't get any more.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
We have been using momentum plus mcpa for a couple years now and it works great. We usually mix it with axial or Everest.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
This reminds me of a side note I learned last year. I had a field of barley that appeared to be clean with no wild oats. We sprayed the field with broadleaf spray (Stellar) and the whole time spraying I noticed more and more wild oats. 5 days later we sprayed just Axial 100EC on 60 acres of the field. I phoned the Syngenta rep to talk about timing/staging and explained the situation. She explained to me that if you spray Axial on its own with no other chemical in the tank you can safely spray 60 ac/case with full control. She told me that any other chemical mixed with Axial is antagonistic and reduces the control making it 40 ac/case.
Interesting anyway because Axial is not cheap. At swathing time you could see the line where we sprayed Axial and where we didn't = Full control. That is 50% more acres covered for the same cost but its an entirely separate pass.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
This reminds me of a side note I learned last year. I had a field of barley that appeared to be clean with no wild oats. We sprayed the field with broadleaf spray (Stellar) and the whole time spraying I noticed more and more wild oats. 5 days later we sprayed just Axial 100EC on 60 acres of the field. I phoned the Syngenta rep to talk about timing/staging and explained the situation. She explained to me that if you spray Axial on its own with no other chemical in the tank you can safely spray 60 ac/case with full control. She told me that any other chemical mixed with Axial is antagonistic and reduces the control making it 40 ac/case.
Interesting anyway because Axial is not cheap. At swathing time you could see the line where we sprayed Axial and where we didn't = Full control. That is 50% more acres covered for the same cost but its an entirely separate pass.
That is interesting. I usually spray it at 50-55 acres rate with infinity if not a lot of wild oats and seems to work very good even then as well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes, but the g/ac works out to the same.

Planning on Axial Extreme + Curtail M on some barley ground if the rain ever quits.

I also tried pricing it as Momentum (CPS) + MCPA + Axial 100(or Axial BIA). It was a bit cheaper ($1/ac) but local CPS is sold out of Momentum and can't get any more.

Andrew
Oops. I forgot about the adjuvant being part of the mix. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
You guys must have different stuff than we have in the States. I only use Axial XL. It is all I can get. Labled at 40 acres per case. I spray it at 60 acres per case. Then I add bromac with it. Seems to make the bromac work much better. Axial XL has a great surfactant in it. Wish they would say what it is. I have never found an oat after spraying it at this rate. I spray the solution at 10gpa. Also does good on the Russian Thistle and kochia.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Since we're talking about the different flavours of Axial...

The original Axial (also known as Axial 100EC) + Adigor adjuvant contained 100g/L pinoxaden.

Axial BIA is the same but has the adigor premixed in which dilutes it down to 50 g/L pinoxaden.

Axial Xtreme also contains 50g/L pinoxaden but adds in 87.5g/L fluroxypyr.

There is also Axial iPak which is Axial and Infinity.

All of these contain 24g/ac of pinoxaden (at the recommended rate). Of course, the Axial Xtreme and Axial iPak also add in their respective actives as well...

I was just talking to my retailer on Saturday and I told him that it would be much simpler to outlaw all these trade names. Companies can only use the name of the active and the g/L. He agreed that it would make it much simpler to follow!

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.