The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried axial on yellow mustard? I think i have some group 1 resistance, and i realize that axial is group1, but it is in the different family of
"dens" where as clethodium and assure2 are "dims" and "fops". I understand that axial is better on the resistant wild oats in other crops, just wonder if i would see crop injury in yellow mustard? I would spray it with micros but no other tank mix. The field was sprayed with authority preseed and now is in cotelydon. Any comments would be appreciated,thanks.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You sprayed authority before yellow mustard when they recommend 2 crop years between application and canola/mustard? Wow that's ballsy.

Then you want to use axial which also isn't registered on the crop. One should be concerned with using registered products. There needs to be some concern with residuals left on crop???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the authority will be registered on mustard this summer. The axial question is for a 20 acre patch that i wanted to experiment on

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I sprayed authority with burn off on my yellow mustard a few years ago at the 50 ac rate and it worked well, does a number on kocha, buckwheat and Russian thistle seen no crop injury

Also used muster gold on yellow mustard for stink weed control and it worked

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My game plan this year is rival prior to burn off with 1L of glyphosate, then assure 2 in about a week. I have had success with authority with yellow mustard last year, only trouble is, I use authority on my chickpeas so I wanted to leave my options for next year open. The assure 2 did a number on wild oats and foxtail for me last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts