The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever run across Baker Harvesting out of Spearman TX?
I saw their 8 Case/IH combine convoy on the road once and was very impressed by their new twin combine trailers that they had built over the winter. Very well designed and also very well designed twin header trailers.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
It's Jim Bakker and I've actually met him at Scott City,Kansas. He cuts there. Sorry, I was NOT impressed in the least, other than by the dear combines, themselves.
Running a fleet of combines just does not magically transforms real jerks into nice guys.

No, I'm not just saying this, either. It so happened that my next-door neighbor there [truck driver] also worked for him or at least tried to. He had much the same to say about Jim Bakker.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya loud on clear on that criticism, Combiness
and I got that impression as well, but hey, the good Lord made us all different and no one is perfect. We must look beyond our faults and find the good attributes in others.

(He did have a truck driver that hit the bottle too hard and was dangerous and was fired)

I must say that I was very impressed by his equipment especially the nice design of his twin combine trailers and his twin header trailers as well. Very slick looking designs.....the best that I've seen anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.