The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into the NH TR series combines. I have a JD 9500 with lots of hours and am thinking the TR might be a good upgrade. But I am worried about baling straw behind it. I know straw through the rotary machines are harder than the walkers, but what about a twin rotary? Or is it the same regardless of 1 or 2 rotary.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure about your 664 NH baler. We have two 7090's with netwrap. We have bales behind tr's before and it seems to work ok. Straw is a little shorter than behind out Jd rotors but seems to make decent bales. Things like slower rotor speed & straight cutting will help you bale behind rotors.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Neighbors have baled behind our TR97 and TR86 with New Holland 688, BR780, BB9080, BB940 balers and none have had issues making bales or picking up the swaths. We swath and run the rotors quite fast but our straw is also fairly tough/wet.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you slow down the rpm and pickup the ground speed so the crop feeds in the same speed as travel you will be fine. Nearly all combines are rotary of some sort and there is a lot of baling done behind them all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
we run CR's now but on our last TR when we had it we had replaced the rear beater with one from Precision farm parts in Sherwood, ND. using it ground the straw much less than the original NH beater. Talk to Mike
Precision Farm Parts Inc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think I have probably bailed behind just about every manufacturer. No rotary is going to bale as nice as a cylinder combine. That being said the NH's with the twin rotors are my second favorite combine nowadays to bale behind. Only one I like more is the Cat/Lexion, but as was mentioned already settings and operator make a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts