The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 1640 spec rotor, cross flow fan, 20' header and was wondering what settings to use for straight cut barley. I have my rotor at 750 fan at 800 vanes in the middle and I am still losing barley out the back.
thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have never ran that small of a combine but I can tell you what we used to run everything at on our 2388's. We ran the rotor around 700 with the concaves around 3 on the pointer. The vanes on the rotor were set at mid on the front and gradually advanced to fast on the back. We ran small wire in the concaves and slotted in the grates with the tumbler bars placed on the inside covering the slotts. The rotors were standard and the rear had serated seperator bars installed. The fan was usually ran around 1000 and the bottom sieve was fairly well open and the top was probably around 5/8 inch if I remember correctly. This was around the Denver area so the alltitude was fairly high so you might need to adjust the air accordingly. The barley would typically run from 60 to 120 bushel per acre. I hope this helps you out a little with your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts