The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is good or bad on these? Have run a 1545 batco for 3 years... biggest issue is the engine up high and servicing. Long control cables caused trouble. Booster cables stayed on machine all winter! Advantage of this was no fertilizer dust on engine. Also brandt has 4wheel drive now ... which would be great in any snow as my batco is very poor in any snow. Price is very similar.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
What is good or bad on these? Have run a 1545 batco for 3 years... biggest issue is the engine up high and servicing. Long control cables caused trouble. Booster cables stayed on machine all winter! Advantage of this was no fertilizer dust on engine. Also brandt has 4wheel drive now ... which would be great in any snow as my batco is very poor in any snow. Price is very similar.
You pretty much have the Batco problems figured out, although I haven't had any engine problems except cold weather EFI issues. My Batco 1545FX otherwise has only needed a throttle cable from getting moisture in it. Been a good unit for me for the most part.

The Brandt has a slightly smaller snout and in my modest amount of exposure to a pretty new Brandt it leaks a bit less grain at the bottom. Last price I got was 26K for a Batco and 2500 more for a Brandt.

I was recently looking hard at Convey-all too, but they look a little busy with all the controls and brackets/etc. Price is between the other two.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I learned something on my Brandt the other day about capacity. I had been filling the hopper till it piled up about 8-10" and was very happy with its performance. By accident this fall I ended up flooding the hopper almost to the top and to my surprise the capacity of the conveyor increased by about 30%. Seems you need a really tall pile on the intake to put a deeper mat on the belt. It does plug easier on the transition from flat intake to angle portion so by careful. But wow incredible speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts