The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This legalized pot thing is way out of hand. There’s so much the smoke rolled in 2 provinces over.

How this isn’t another summer of smoke.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
I didn’t realize that smoke went as far, or impacted you guys in Manitoba.
Several recent years we have had smoke days, sometimes for a week or more at a time. This was last summer, no filters on that picture at all. I think you could basically stare at the sun it was so dense. Hasn't been all bad last couple years since we have been really dry.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Guys the smoke could be from Northern Alberta. Big fire by High Level

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Several going up North now, couple new ones just got going in the last day or so. Scattered from north of High Level to down by Slave Lake. Been hazy here last few days off and on depending on wind.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Several going up North now, couple new ones just got going in the last day or so. Scattered from north of High Level to down by Slave Lake. Been hazy here last few days off and on depending on wind.
Ya we’re seeing it to. Does not smell like fire but that layer of smoke is around

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Jasper could sure use a big fire to get rid of the pine beetle infected trees it’s a bloody mess. When it does start it will be huge and there will be lots of smoke coming our way.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Jasper could sure use a big fire to get rid of the pine beetle infected trees it’s a bloody mess..

Try explain that logic to an environmentalist. My grandparents and parents when they were younger never seen a wood tick, first ones they saw were on some animal someone had shot in the park north of here. Years ago there were wild fires and at one time people burnt the fence lines and grass areas once in awhile, this took care of the ticks. Now I can hardly walk across the yard without getting one on me, and lime disease is spreading. As much as some people hate burning stuff, it's a necessary evil, and yes it's natural. If some of these fires had been left to run their course years ago, it wouldn't be the way it is today.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope hippies.

But I sure hope the fires stay away from where folks are living. Seems like a great idea to build a home with forest surrounding it until a fire starts ripping though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Heck all that smoke even makes it down to central ND. Had a slight haze almost all day yesterday. Seemed like it was cloudy instead of sunny.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
No filters or anything and it still does not show how bad it actually was. Had a short nap this morning and scared my self wondering how long I slept for since it was dark in the house when I woke up. Turns out it was only a 20 minute nap. Thankfully it is just smokey now and sort of resembles daytime.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Might save our bacon. We were 27 and dropped it to 21

1 - 17 of 17 Posts