The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of talk about cylinder/concave/beater/bar/chip setups for wheat and how the 9600 can be made into a competitor in wheat.

My question is, what is the best setup anyone has found for maximizing the capacity of the 9600 in soybeans (with green stems!) and corn.

How much of a head can it handle and at what speed? We have spent too much $ getting our 9600 in great shape to think about trading it off.

I am afraid that what works well in wheat would turn beans and (especially) corn into meal.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
530 Posts
You probably know that beater speed up kits, or more aggressive beaters are not a good idea in beans but they work well in corn and even better in wheat as expected. I would think beans would be more fragile than corn, depending on your moisture when you take the ears off. I have used the Kuchar filler plates on my oem cylinder in a 9600 and they work well, it makes the cylinder and concave adjustments less tempermental, more exact gentle threshing and it makes changes seem more gradual.
A more important issue is having your concave setup right for the different crops, youll want possible more wires installed for the wheat and maybe less for beans and corn. All depends on your conditions and moisture in the crop, there just isnt a universal concave made on earth to do all the crops, there has to be changes made to do them all well.
I guess you need to give up some information on how your machine is already equipped, what year model to all the mods you have done if any,, also how old is your rasp bars and concave and what kind are they?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The most important thing we have found to increase capacity in green stem soybeans is to take the filler plates out. We also run a beater speed up kit and a 20% power chip. A full finger auger helps also. This is an a 9610.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts