The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been quite a few years since I posted in here but I guess I'm back for some punishment, Just bought another Cr9.90 and it has the small wire concaves in it, I would like to go to a universal one, we are running the CNH universal concave in our other one with no real complaints except in burnt up Viewfield wheat. I've heard some great things about MADD and other aftermarket ones, just looking to hear what guys are seeing and if anyone has any experiences they would like to share

crops harvested

peas,fabas,wheat,canola,barley and Oats

Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've been pretty happy with the small grain concave with every other wire pulled in the rear third for all crops. Drought wheat will need a cover plate in front. I've done rye, oats, wheat, cabeans.barley, peas, soybeans, and navy beans like this. Extension in on cereals other then rye and out on the rest

·
Registered
784 Posts
Most of the changing I do with MAD concaves is just the first module from slotted to small grain and the extension in and out. Could probably do a pretty decent job with them all the same size. Can't remember what my large gap is for the extension and rear module. Maybe .300? They offer finger grates now. Wouldn't hurt to call and see what they say. What brand universal do you have in the Caseih?
For reference I do Rye, barley, oats, durum, canola, peas.

Edit. I've got .375 in second position and extension and use .300 in front position for small grains.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome back. How often would you have to switch conclaves during the year having 2 or more sets to optimize the machine?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Lol, Nope alive and well, 3 kids, 45 extra lbs and a thinning hairline later I'm back
I think that's everyone after the last 2 years! I've always found the small wire with every second wire pulled works for everything, sometimes have to put some wires back in for hard threshing wheat but that's about it. Do fabas peas canola wheat barley and oats like that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been quite a few years since I posted in here but I guess I'm back for some punishment, Just bought another Cr9.90 and it has the small wire concaves in it, I would like to go to a universal one, we are running the CNH universal concave in our other one with no real complaints except in burnt up Viewfield wheat. I've heard some great things about MADD and other aftermarket ones, just looking to hear what guys are seeing and if anyone has any experiences they would like to share

crops harvested

peas,fabas,wheat,canola,barley and Oats

Thanks
Im like you, been years since I commented. Ive used cnh 10 mm, 14 mm universal and tube cnh for years. Tube style are best for peas 100% of the time and worth a lot in germination and no cracking for pulses. 14 mm universal are ok except for dry peas which start showing up cracking and internal damage so therefore germination loss. I pulled wires on my concaves when doing dry peas but still damage so not too happy till tube style goes back in. I hate changing concaves as Im not as young as I used to be in 2005 when first cr showed up. I started nh journey with a 1987 tr 96 and that was in wire pulling days with few other options. My clean grain with 10 mm is exceptional in all crops and I see bph go up to 2800 plus in high yield fraser barley with excellent saving of grain. I feel I dont overload sieves as much in dry conditions with high rotor speed. 14 mm universal is maybe better for just keeping same concave in all the time but peas are better over 16, 18 moisture and just plan and aerating them. My use of 14 mm causes much more flax balls to show up so im thinking not properly thrashing them so not happy. I run 2 machines so observing in identical conditions. Love to see some thought on Madd concaves etc.
I grow flax, canola, oats barley 6 silage and 2 row cps and hrs wheat, peas,tried fabas, soybeans, sanfoin and do mostly grain for seed so lots of varieties over the years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im like you, been years since I commented. Ive used cnh 10 mm, 14 mm universal and tube cnh for years. Tube style are best for peas 100% of the time and worth a lot in germination and no cracking for pulses. 14 mm universal are ok except for dry peas which start showing up cracking and internal damage so therefore germination loss. I pulled wires on my concaves when doing dry peas but still damage so not too happy till tube style goes back in. I hate changing concaves as Im not as young as I used to be in 2005 when first cr showed up. I started nh journey with a 1987 tr 96 and that was in wire pulling days with few other options. My clean grain with 10 mm is exceptional in all crops and I see bph go up to 2800 plus in high yield fraser barley with excellent saving of grain. I feel I dont overload sieves as much in dry conditions with high rotor speed. 14 mm universal is maybe better for just keeping same concave in all the time but peas are better over 16, 18 moisture and just plan and aerating them. My use of 14 mm causes much more flax balls to show up so im thinking not properly thrashing them so not happy. I run 2 machines so observing in identical conditions. Love to see some thought on Madd concaves etc.
I grow flax, canola, oats barley 6 silage and 2 row cps and hrs wheat, peas,tried fabas, soybeans, sanfoin and do mostly grain for seed so lots of varieties over the years.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,887 Posts
Welcome back cnh007
In Aus the setup that nicko87 talks about works well, but obviously your conditions might not suit. I heard SunnyBrook were good but there’s also plenty of replicas of them about under other names.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts