The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a s790 wich needs new concaves. We’re currently running stock small grain concaves and dense pack and get around 3000bu/hr trough in wheat. Mostly wheat and barley put through but could see a few acres of canola and flax too. Is the stock ones the best way to go or is there anything else better out there?

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have some Kile machine and manufacturing out of Rosalia Washington. Concaves in our s670s and there by far the best we’ve found. Hard to explain till you see them but the compress and release theory works awesome in small grains.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, 3000 bushels per hour in wheat. Most machines here in Canada would be lucky to do 1/2 that much. Likely less than 1/2 for the majority of the single rotor machines.

I would be happy with those numbers and buy the same components again.
Well, as im in EU we talk tons/hr and we could run around 75-90t/hr, probably average around 65. If my math’s correct thats around 2700bu/hr? Average yield is around 125-130Bu/ac, or 8t/ha. Im really happy with the capacity, but figured i would ask for options.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well, as im in EU we talk tons/hr and we could run around 75-90t/hr, probably average around 65. If my math’s correct thats around 2700bu/hr? Average yield is around 125-130Bu/ac, or 8t/ha. Im really happy with the capacity, but figured i would ask for options.
Given the 2022 world record harvesting rate is a tad over 50t/hr I seriously doubt your numbers....

·
Super Moderator
31,206 Posts
Well Don if they could why dont they? Its relatively cheap publicity so you would think they would jump at the chance to trump another colours performance?????
Not Claas‘s style.
Taking the quiet reputation word of mouth route seems to generally suit Claas better.

There has been runs like this, a farm in Saskatchewan did an oat run a few years ago and with no Claas support and very impressive when expressed in bogus bushels, there was a sort of an officially supported corn run a few years ago as well but a wheat one which always seems to be the popular one with New Holland Is rare.

While these runs don’t hurt marketing it‘s never considered the main tool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts