The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday again,
I am after a complete farm management app, it needs to tick the following boxes,
.be used over multiple devices
.smart phone usable to add info in the paddock so not coming home to enter info
.paddock maps
.sheep and cattle records
.mob numbers and treatment
.deaths and notes
.chemical records
.paddock records
.paddock sizes and observations
.yields and fert history
.longterm records and averages

I really hope for a free version that is user friendly and cloud based for multiple users but money well spent if not.

So give me the best free app with pros and cons and opinions and the same for a played app please.
Have trialled a couple but am yet to find the right app for our business, thanks in advance 馃榿

Registered
Mobble is pretty reasonable value for money although is a bit light on the cropping side, the free ones are just selling your information to 3rd parties. Don't think any of the others are worth the money they charge unless you have a bunch of fairly simple employees that you need to use an app to manage them. At the end of the day none of them actually provide any better functionality then a diary and a pen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i think mobble may be the one my brothers talking of trialling. We are struggling to find one for animal treatments and deaths etc. Plenty for paddock treatments.
We are trying to have all our information accessible in one digital spot for easy access, as farm audits are becoming a part of life with quality assurance programs for wool , meat etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you adjust mob numbers and list drench or treatments from a smartphone with Mobble?

Registered
Yeah it's more livestock oriented so no worries doing treatments deaths movements etc and it's all phone based with reasonably good offline functionality if you have poor reception, it's under constant development based on user feedback so if you have an issue or suggestions they're pretty quick to take it on board to find a solution. Well worth doing the free trial anyway

Registered
I use ProductionWise. When it started it was free. Now it's $10 per month, but I think maybe $20 per month for new members.

It's okay for cropping records. Okay, as in functional but not fantastic. Sometimes they have done a good job of fixing problems, sometimes they don't give any satisfactory answers.

As with anything it's only as good as the information you put into it. One thing it does well is calculate your gross margins, to see all your costs and how much money you are not making.

It doesn't have much in the way of livestock details. It seems to me that it would be quite an easy thing for them to add. But they just don't seem interested.

I have heard good reports about Agworld, but haven't used it myself. Apparently it's $1,000 per year or more.

Registered
Agworld doesn't have much livestock functionality, agriwebb covers everything but is expensive and pretty clunky to use, Maia grazing seems to have gone down the regenerative fairy dust path and are pushing that instead, there is another West Australian one that I can't remember the name of that was pretty similar to mobble that was hard to find details on, most of the American ones are pretty useless with our lpa record requirements and don't really have any local support if you need to work through issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts