The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best farm show you have been to? Was it more equipment or agronomy based?

Got to thinking about this the other day, have heard of some good ones in Canada.

I always enjoy attending these events and it seems like I always walk away with at least one thing I can immediately integrate to better my operation

·
Super Moderator
5,271 Posts
What's the best farm show you have been to? Was it more equipment or agronomy based?

Got to thinking about this the other day, have heard of some good ones in Canada.

I always enjoy attending these events and it seems like I always walk away with at least one thing I can immediately integrate to better my operation
Where I'm guessing you are located it's about 4 road hours to Regina SK Farm Progress show (third week in June)
and about 8 hours to Red Deer AB Agritrade (first full week November)
Both mainly iron shows.

But if it's education you want and register in the next week you are about 10 road hours to:
FarmTechâ„¢ Conference: Home

You can get together with 1600 other like minded farmers!:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Canada's Outdoor Farm Show in Woodstock Ontario is very good. The demo's seem to be very popular and very little in the way of flea-market vendors. If it's not the biggest show in Canada, it must be near the top. Canada's Outdoor Farm Show - Where Farmers Meet - Sept 15, 16, 17, 2015
Flee market vendors have ruined most of the good farm shows in Ontario. Haven't been to a show in western Canada yet but I'm sure there a lot bigger and 100% agriculture based.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The best Show i´ve ever been was the Agritechnica in Hannover, Germany. Just for Equipment. It´s about 4 till 5 hours ride from me.
The Next Show is November 2015, every 2 years.
This year was a small Show in Stuttgart. It´s also every two years. But there are also pets and other stuff. It´s more a public Show. It´s near the "Volksfest" in Stuttgart (the same but smaller than the "Octoberfest" in Munich) so you can eat and drink good before going home. It´s only an hour far away.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Louisville ky ( Louisville farm show) best show 7 hours drive for me been there many times it takes at least 2 days to see most of it .At night they have tractor pulls this year Feb. 11/14 2015 .
I'm planning on attending this show for my first time this coming February, I hear it is a heck of a good time! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it called the World Farm Machinery Show or National Farm Machinery Show or something?

I've only been to Farm Fest in Redwood Falls, MN and I enjoy going to it though I wasn't able to go this year. Has quite a few manufacturers that attend and is at the end of July early August (don't know exact dates but its sometime in that time frame).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Worldwide shows would be Agritechnica in Hannover absolute nr 1, Tulare Ca. Nr 2, Sema France nr.3 and the rest follows.
wasn't totally impressed with Louisville, some sales people overthere couldn't care less (happened with several on multiple days!) But Tractor pull is fun !. Red Deer vendors are way better in my opinion. Havent been on other shows in Canada so cant compare.
Been to agricultural specialty shows and they are very informative with lots of demo's

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Also only ever been to Farmfest by Redwood. It is held the first week or so in August, if the site for it is right it will be the 4th-6th 2015.

(Everything else is still for the 2014 show, just browse the links on the top of the page.)

Lots of machinery, some grain handling stuff, little bit of cattle stuff... Most of the seed companies that sell in this region also have a booth or plot with a couple exceptions. I have gone for a day the past couple years and see just about everything there. I like to snag a seed guide from every seed place so I don't have to hunt them down later. Nice to have a hard copy once in a while instead of always looking online.

Only a half hour drive for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
umm....there's a beer garden at Regina farm progress show?! I always thought we were 10 yrs behind in the states, now I know it!

That German show that is like "oktoberfest" sounds like we should all try and make it to at least once! I am sure we could find some good hosts.

Montana's "MAGIE" has been around forever and I always go, lots of equipment all indoors, but I always felt it is lacking some innovation of the cutting edge technology. I could draw you a map right now and tell you every vendor that will be there and what model of equipment they will be displaying.

Montana Grain Growers has a some pretty good workshops at their function that is followed by Pulse Day, which is good as well. Great Falls, MT first week of December.

Anybody been to the commodity classic? Phoenix I believe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Spokane Ag Expo is good for Iron and the Northwest Direct Seed Conference in Kennewick Washington are two that I would love to go to.
I went to the Spokane Ag Expo about 7 yrs ago with a buddy. We had a blast, was a good show, made our way down to Pullman after and caught a basketball game, and drank some beer.....no lots of beer.:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Crop production week in Saskatoon, coming up shortly is definitely the best "mix" of agronomy marketing and iron..... (I think Brandon is similar but have never gotten out there yet). Very crop focused, unlike Red Deer and Billings that have a lot of livestock equipment as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.