The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing my worn gauge wheels for next season. Looking for wheels that handle sticky conditions well as we had too much mud buildup this year. At the moment stuck between the Needham ones and the spring ones from RFM NT?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ridgeland work pretty well.

Thanks. I'll check them out. I'm leaning towards the spring ones as I like the idea of them flexing to break the mud off. Had a few too many times this year where I had to get out of the cab with the paint scraper to clean my rubber ones. I also haven't seen the Devloo system getting around anywhere in Australia, is it worth the investment?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've seen these things around but no experience. [URL='https://www.rotomudscrapers.com/' said:
Devloo Roto Mud Scrapers - Mud Scrapers - Packer Wheels[/URL]
It doesnt look like they make them for a JD 1890

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whats the price on those rfm nt? The rubber ones seem to wear alot in notill soybean stubble. The coil ones look good but they wouldnt carry well in soft soil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been quoted 330 AUD + gst per wheel for the RFM NT ones for a 30ft machine on 9inch spacings with 40 rows. I'm running a JD 1890. The ones I've seen in Australia so far have been working in soft soil conditions, my property has grey soft soils which can get pretty sticky. If anything I'll probably get few to trial on my bad spots.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your soils are sticky the Needham ones are not for you. The type of material they use for the tire will not shed any mud and seem to attract mud as well. Only good in a no till situation with a lot of plant material on the ground

this is my experience with our heavy clay soils. Your idea of doing a trial is the best way, which is what we did and glad we did not do the whole drill with Needham’s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your soils are sticky the Needham ones are not for you. The type of material they use for the tire will not shed any mud and seem to attract mud as well. Only good in a no till situation with a lot of plant material on the ground

this is my experience with our heavy clay soils. Your idea of doing a trial is the best way, which is what we did and glad we did not do the whole drill with Needham’s
@dankorange thanks for letting me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts