The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
When I worked for the county mixing strychnine we made guys bring in hulled oats only. It was part of the registration for a couple of years. Oats is best, barley second.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
And now there is this again...might not have to worry about what grain they like in a few years if Trudope has his way....

Link to a Gov website to object...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Strychnine has been on an emergency reg for a very long time. That does not surprise me. On a side note, GMO crops apparently are bad for you...... A guy could try that before we loose them too. This world has gone to sh!t.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The last couple years, Ive seen young ones come out with the adults in the spring, they were born in the late winter. Fn'ing Global warming is messing with the Richardson ground Squirrels now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have always been more partial to Rozol, jut because even just handling strycnine makes me sick, even though it does mean a second round of poisoning. back when you could get it as concentrate hammer milled barley mixed with icing sugar and vanilla. pulled them into the bait stations really well. But i dont think it reduces secondary kills compared to strycnine like its supposed to though - the gophers are basically drunk and easy to catch so the predators end up eating a lot of them........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts