The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
We just purchased a couple 100,000 btu grain guard propane heaters. Plumbed them to a 500 gal tank. Only used them for a week and have not moved any grain yet to see how much difference it makes. Would be interested to hear from farmers that use them what kind of results they have had. If they work well I would buy a bunch more and run some underground pipe to the units

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am using a IDF 350000 BTU diesel fired construction heater with a 5hp fan in a 4000 bushel bin. I am using canvas flexible ducting from the heater to the fan. It seems to be working well, the air temp going in is 50 Celsius. I have noticed there is some over drying occurring around the cone, but nothing that could be mixed off! The only problem I am running into is during the night the warm air condenses on the bin roof and makes water! I am still trying to figure how to solve that problem.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use a 600,000 BTU Dryair heater, two 200,000BTU heat coils. (Can dry two bins at a time)
Use a 500 gallon propane tank.
The bottom of the bin will dry more than the top so it can require cycling if starting quite damp. The larger the fan you have the more efficient you will dry.

Dry with temperatures ranging from 80F to 110F.

I believe these are sold and possibly rented in all three prairie provinces if interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.