The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran this combine last year in horrible conditions . Would like to put a good set of bars in it for soybeans as we have no corn or wheat this year. Y'all get after it and thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 9500 that came from the factory with the black steel rasp bars. They only last 3-4 years. We replaced them with the chrome bars from Deere. They have been in for about fifteen years and still thrash good in tough conditions. I looked at replacing them last year but they show little wear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many acres do you harvest each year ?We have the chrome bars in now but I've been told the black ones cut soybeans better. I've cut about 2200 acres on the chrome bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you are stony conditions go with the black ones they arfe less prone to breakage as compared to the crome ones. everyone in our are uses the black bars and seems to get along fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the first few years it was running 800-900 acres of mostly soybeans with some wheat and milo as well as some custom cutting. The last few years we have been harvesting 150-200 acres of corn and 300-400 acres of beans and some wheat also. We have probably covered 8000-9000 acres since the bars were replaced. We have never had any breakage but we also have no rocks so that may make a difference. Most machines in my area run the chrome bars.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Get a set of chrome bars from sloan express and be done with it. If you want to replace rasp bars more often then go with the black.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hard faced -wide spaced bars will #1 last longer then chrome, #2 be as agressive as new ones #3 give you a better sample because you will run a slower rotor speed. 765-891-1722

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now we are getting somewhere. I know there are better bars out there than the ones offered by John Deere. No doubt the chrome bars are better but I constantly see on here people talking about better brand concaves and rasp bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts