The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is January the best time of year to buy a used combine, or any equipment that for that matter? it just seems like that would make the most sense...

·
Registered
103 Posts
don't know but i do know there was a ritchie sale in nisku ab this past week where a 04 8010 with 1400 hours sold for 122500 and i believe a 08 nh960 with 850 hours for 125 doesn't seem to bad to me. it is probably the timing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would think buying from now until Feb would be good timing. Especially if this harvest does not get done. One farmer made the comment to me that what is left out yet is what would be the profit of most farms that 25% to 35%. Without that a lot of buying may be put off until fall of 2010.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya but realistically the combines that are on the lots now arent going up in price... like a 80,000 combine isn't going to sell for 100 just because its harvest, if that was the case everybody who needed a combine would either rent, or have it custom done

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never really thought this way before, but I just traded last week. I felt I got a good deal as I doubt most dealers want the more expensive combines sitting on the lots all winter. And as I see this fall unfolding, I wonder how many stretched, twisted, abused, "mudder" combines are going to get traded when this slop hole of a fall is done? I don't think I'd want one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The red dealers here in Montana have been pushing really hard to sell new combines. Salesman told me the company wanted as many new combine sales as possible before Nov 1. So they now have a lot of used combines to sell, and I would bet that they want to sell a few before the end of the year. The best deals might be from now till the end of the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts