The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
the 8010 does have a reverse on the rotor. we have had good luck with our 2007 8010 have not heard any thing bad about 08,09,either i would try to stay away from anything older than 07 model did have problems on older one's. one other thing i would check out on any year is if they have had all of case ih mod updates done there were a few and most were all covered by company. they are good machines and i think you will be happy any other questions let me know thank you good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
We ran three new 9795s last year and had nothing but trouble. It was a tough fall, but most of the failures were design oriented rather than due to pushing the machines. We are thinking of running a 4th unit this fall and to keep our costs down want to go used, and also feel we should be going class 8 as potentially we could get back down to three if we switch all over to class 8's. We are roughly half canola acreage, also wheat, oats, barley, and the odd field of peas or mustard (14,500 total). Our neighbours seem to be having very good luck with their 10 and 20 series units. The main thing we like about the MF units is the reverser on the rotor, but the hydraulic drive isn't nearly efficient as the CIH mechanical/hydraulic CVT.

We are looking at used 08s, any updates to look out for, or any older years that were better/worse?

Thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have an 04 8010 with 1530 rotor hrs. The biggest problem that have had with it is the control pressure sensor. I think its a really good machine. We have a 9120 coming for next year. ...

Joe

·
Registered
466 Posts
The 06 and 07 models had really bad rad plugging problems, Case claimed the problem only occurred in Canada. Most were updated to the 08 rad and air box after the 07 harvest, but not all. The 06 8010 I had required blowing the rad out up to 4 times a day in wheat. Case did some updates after the first year they said would fix the problem, but the updates did not stop the rad from plugging off with chaff. The 08 8010 did not have a cooling problem, but mine had lots of other issues.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As far as the issues we had
- Every idler on every drive belt failed at one point or another on one of the three machines. Once we knew they were breaking we reinforced a few before they did.
- Turbo lube line wore through on one, and almost through on the other two. Rubbing on exhaust gaurd
- Lift pump failures on two units
- air leak in fuel lines causing power loss
- Top bearing fell out of one unload auger. They are so loud normally the operator didn't notice. The flighting slid down and bent. 7 hr job to replace.
- bearings out of idler pulleys
- had to update all three to aftermarket intake parts to keep them clean
- etc.

It was tough this year, but the majority of these happened within the first 4 weeks before we got into the tough going. It carried on from there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts