The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Are there any makers of aftermarket blades other than Redekop for Claas? I called Redekop in February and got their voicemail and left one explaining what I wanted and for someone to call me back in case I forgot (had already gotten a quote, was just confirming that I wanted to order and have them brought to the Lethbridge ag show)....and then the next day my life kinda got turned upside down and I of course forgot to call again to confirm and nobody from their company called me... so just the other day I get down my list of things to do and call them about ordering the blades they quoted me on and they tell me they won't give me the discount any more...so **** Redekop.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Any chance these are available for a pro-chop now?

Need a new set and either order Redekop or just go stock ones again, both wore similar last year from what I saw.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
We’ve been getting excellent wear out of the Redekop spray weld coated hammers in the MAV’s. Easily a season and a half on a side. Where as we couldn’t make the season on a regular set.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Good to hear Don, sounds like progress.

Seem to get a year out of either the Redekop coated blades or the Claas coated blades which are what came in my last combine, flip halfway through the season. Probably could get a bit longer but I am not starting a season with worn blades. There is a $2 per blade price difference between the Redekop and the Claas blade, or about 5%.

joesixpack I doubt we grow more straw than you do but the pulses are hard on the chopper I think and I did a LOT of green canola last year. I suspect the pro-chop is more aggressive than the MAV chopper as well, I know the stationary knives are.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
The other option is just to let hungry little bugs break it down for free.

Soybean as tough as flax? I'm obviously growing the wrong kind of flax.

·
Super Moderator
2,760 Posts
Soybean as tough as flax? I'm obviously growing the wrong kind of flax.
Chopped about 100 m long, single width strip (trapped on the wrong side of a standing flax strip with an almost full hopper) stationary knives fully in, rotating knives in good shape, friction plate engaged, made use of all adjustments from cab.
No seeding tool could have seeded into any scale of that sort of straw. NONE!

·
Super Moderator
2,760 Posts
Dropped by Sunnybrook (SB) today, in addition to chatting with the boys took a couple of pictures.

Dale tells me those are weld puddles tungsten infused, the pattern actually sharpens as it wears.
Note the extra weld on each tip, after testing that was increased to keep knife square and rounded knives are what cause straw bridging over top the rotor.
Thinking these are well worth a try.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I’m really interested in these .......had a lot of bridging problems last yr ...... never had any issues once I turned the blades around . The blades that were in it only had one yrs use and the tip was only very very slightly rounded...... curious if that extra weld at the tip is the difference ........ combine is a 670 and it has a lot different straw entering the chopper than the 750 , which had 0 problems

21 - 40 of 49 Posts