The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: These answers are specific to a Diamond Door.
We have listed here all the frequently asked questions on our bi-fold doors. If you have a question that is not on this list please drop it in a response below!

CAN I INSTALL MY OWN DOOR?
Although your door may be large, and the thought of installing it on your own may be intimidating, we’ve designed it to be quite simple to install. Our doors require no onsite assembly, with all electronic components installed and tested in our factory the doors arrive ready for install. With our step-by-step installation manual, installing the door yourself is easy. Our support services are available 24/7 should you have any questions along the way. If you would prefer to hire a contractor to do the install for you we would be happy to contact them with all the information they will need.

HOW MUCH ONSITE ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED?
The complete electric opener is factory installed to the door. This allows us to test the opener and wiring ensuring everything works when it arrives onsite. Power & control wiring is also factory installed to the top of the door for a simple connection by your electrician.

HOW MUCH ONSITE ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED FOR THE LOCKING SYSTEM?
Both our Manual Single Lever or optional Electric Autolock systems are factory installed and tested, requiring no onsite adjustments.

HOW FAST DOES THE DOOR OPEN/CLOSE?
Powerful electric drives provide a standard, consistent opening speed of 18 ft/min, and are capable of restarting the door at any point in the cycle. Lift speeds can be further increased to suit specific application requirements.

HOW DOES THE DOOR ARRIVE ONSITE?
Doors up to 60’ wide ship as one piece, ready for immediate installation to your building.

IF THE POWER GOES OUT, CAN THE DOOR STILL BE OPERATED MANUALLY?
Lift motors come equipped with a special hex extension providing a means to manually open or close the door in emergency situations. For remote, or off-grid applications, Diamond offers a battery powered opener.

WHAT WIND SPEED IS THE DOOR DESIGNED TO?
Each door is designed for the specific application, location (wind loads), and other load factors that could affect its operation. Our doors have a proven track record, and can be designed to suit virtually any application.

WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD?
Diamond offers 2-year warranty on the entire door and opener, as well as an extended 10 year warranty on lift cables, and lifetime warranty on our industry exclusive polymer hinge bushings.

IS THE ELECTRIC OPENER TESTED OR COME WITH ANY CERTIFICATIONS?
Diamond’s Genesys electric opener goes through rigorous factory testing before shipping and is the ONLY bi-fold door opener in the industry certified to UL 325, the door industry’s safety benchmark for door operators.

WHAT TYPE OF HINGES IS THE DOOR EQUIPPED WITH?
Diamonds industry exclusive hinges utilize high strength steel and include high-end polymer inserts, which provide a smooth, quiet and durable wear surface. Our design also includes more knuckles (typically 6 to 8), providing more shear points for a longer lasting design.

WHAT IS THE FINISH ON THE DOOR FRAME?
Door frames come standard with an attractive charcoal colored, high quality 2-part urethane paint finish. Stainless steel frames, powder coat and other color/finish options are available for special applications.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My shed was a turnkey building so had minimal input to construction. I was happy with the shed as a whole but the mounting of the door was a total disaster. Are your instructions for mounting the problem or was it inexperienced contractors. The big problem was there was nothing tying the door posts to the upper hinge area which started pulling out away from the posts. I designed a bracket from 6x6x1/2' angle to lag to the door posts and then at the top to bolt to the door top hinge. It is solid now. Before my anchor brackets were installed the cable anchor system installed by the contractor was pretty inadequate. Might have been my contractor's problem but more or better instructions emphasizing the need for good mounting seem to be in order.

Attachments

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shed was a turnkey building so had minimal input to construction. I was happy with the shed as a whole but the mounting of the door was a total disaster. Are your instructions for mounting the problem or was it inexperienced contractors. The big problem was there was nothing tying the door posts to the upper hinge area which started pulling out away from the posts. I designed a bracket from 6x6x1/2' angle to lag to the door posts and then at the top to bolt to the door top hinge. It is solid now. Before my anchor brackets were installed the cable anchor system installed by the contractor was pretty inadequate. Might have been my contractor's problem but more or better instructions emphasizing the need for good mounting seem to be in order.
Thank you for submitting your question. Typically we would recommend having the post extend to the top cord of the truss. This prevents any separation from the post and header. I have attached a document from our install manual with our recommendations. The bracket you designed is a great idea and will prevent this issue from reoccurring. Thanks for sharing the solution!

Attachments

Reactions: Transaxial

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you insulate an existing diamond door?
Yes you can! With our insulation panels you will be able to re-use your cladding. However the trims and screws will need to be replaced because the insulation is installed to the exterior of the door frame. I have attached our insulation information sheet for you if you need. Thanks for the question!

Attachments

·
Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious as to why Americans get 20% off their door purchases?
Diamond Doors is currently expanding into the bi-fold door market in the USA, we offered a 20% off limited time promotion for that reason. We have been serving our Canadian customers for 20 years and do offer them promotions as well. Keep an eye out, we have a great Black Friday Promotion coming for both Canada and the USA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts