The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before we get another redundant Quadtrac thread such as, "Minneapolis Moline return from the dead: Quadtrac Models Planned" or new research shows Gleaner had the 1st quadtrac. Deere and CaseIH are copycats etc. ad nas. ;)

Promo for Goodyear.....but still kinda neat.

Don B. see if NTTL will come do one of their certifiable scientific tests on this monster.

For u Canadians remember this is an American tire. No United's on this one. :D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Needs a little more substantial implements, any tire will last with no load...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It was flat on the bottom too!

Cool video, that's not even close to zero till down there. Tires, diesel etc, must be cheap.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Don B. see if NTTL will come do one of their certifiable scientific tests on this monster.
The way to get something like that done it get a challenge and/or charity event of some sort going.
Hmm...:)

Problem though, I don't think current test equipment at NTTL could handle this tractor.:(

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wish that Titan-Goodyear tires were half as good as that guy says they are.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
USA Goodyear tires must be way different than the good for one year tires they sell up in canada
They must be good up there then, because they are crap down here.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I had looked at the website listed at the end of the video and its pointing out that the low side wall height tractor tire is using the same technology as the low profile car tire .... tell me how racing around corners at high speed and wanting low side wall deflection to keep the tread surface on the pavement has anything to do with how a tractor tire should perform in the field.

My guess is that this tire put up against a tire with a smaller rim to give more side wall height ... like the tires Don Boles has on his JD would show how much more traction a high sidewall tire can produce ( depending on conditions ) along with far less pounds per square foot pressure applied to the ground in compaction. The only advantage I can see to those LSW tires is tire hop because there is hardly any side wall to deflect.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Didn't they have some trouble with the Bud's early on with having enough power to flex the sidewalls and break the bead off the rim, boom, flat tire?

Is it possible with the low sidewall tire you could end up with a bit more power to the ground before you get a problem?

Anyone guess what the 8 tires cost installed? $75k?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Looking at our Versatile with the 900R/42s I'd say Michelin has been doing this for years.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't they have some trouble with the Bud's early on with having enough power to flex the sidewalls and break the bead off the rim, boom, flat.
The big ones did for sure, I.e. the 16V747, 740s, and possible the 650/50s, A magazine article about the 747 & 740 when Jim Satori had them mentioned that issue.:)

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I have always had the belief that slippage is just as large or not larger contributor to problems caused from tracks as psi on the ground. This is one reason 4WD tractors have come so far in problems related with tire tracks. From what I have seen, slippage has went from 10-15% down to 3-4% in the past 20 years. Then the larger area and lower tire pressure sure helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts