The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just thought i would share my massive engine problem with you all to see if any one else has had such a problem as i am not happy at all, my combine is a 02 9540 wts with 1170 hrs on the clock and has been looked after, after moving it around the yard luckly in winter, and being winter is the only lucky bit !! we noticed it spewing muck out of the breather pipe, when we checked the oil all the water had gone into the oil, my dealer changed the oil cooler , and it altered nothing then the head gasket was done and still did the same thing all the water in the oil, now the engine has been taken out and i have holes in one of the liners and have been told the coolant should have been changed every two years as it has a inhibitor in it , mine is the original coolant from new, thats not the worse bit i have a hole in the block its self and my dealer is saying the engine should be written of,i am having the hole welded as i cant afford a new engine , but what puzzles me is its only one liner and this cylinder looks as though its got very hot , this is not very good for a engine of so low hours and deere do not want to know i am sure this is a dodge liner from new, i am just wondering if any one else has had a simular problem and any opinions.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Never had that problem in a combine however I have seen other engines with low hours do the same thing usually at the number one liner from the front where the water pump flow starts first. The engine had either a loose suction radiator hose or a bad water pump gasket at the suction side which caused it to suck air and bubbles entered the coolant stream cavatating the front timing cover passage, first liner and parts of the block where the bubbles would run. In your case its very possible that something was left loose, during repairs even a single bolt left loose could cause a gasket leak and air would enter in. Or a cheap hose clamp, ive broken many cheap hose clamps in my years. Good luck sorry to hear about your machine. WHich engine is in that wts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts