The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big problem. On my '94 9500, my feederhouse raise/lower, reel raise/lower, fore/aft, and auger swing will not work when the machine is on HIGH IDLE with seperator and header IN GEAR. However, I can kick it all off and idle it down and it will resume working as it should. Once I kick it all back in and speed up, it will quit working after 10-15 secs. I can still drive, steer move and run, but none of the things mentioned will work. We checked the pressure at the valvestack, and it's running 3100 psi at idle, but will drop to 30-35 psi after 10-15 secs of running full bore. Mechanic and John Deere guy said I may have lost the key, or broke the shaft that runs that pump which supplies flow to the valvestack that controls the functions mentioned. Anyone else have any opinions? I'm sitting in the the field right now, trying to harvest my best field. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
On the 9500 the unloading auger swing cancel switch can stick on and heat up the hydraulic pump and cause problems. maybe take the hydraulic pump off and check it broken key or scoring.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Because it's able to build 3100 psi I tend to think the pump is ok. Is there a change in the way it sounds when the pressure drops? Sounds like it might be starving for oil. Check the suction hose to the pump. The inside lining might've peeled off. Check the fitting on the tank for blockage.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have since replaced a pressure relief valve, added oil, and changed filters. Nothing has helped. 2 mechanics have talked about a broken key on the pump, which is where the problem HAS to be now, unless it's something in the electronics. Please chime in if anyone has anymore ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Take a look at your no.1 relief valve,remove the coil,remove the stem, either your spring has broken???or the sleeve inside your stem has scored and won't allow proper oil flow in to valvestack. Note that the stem is assembled differently for the no. 1 valve then the rest, don't believe you will have much trouble locating the problem.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now it's Monday morning, and I woke up to a combine that apparently has fixed itself. Yes, I didnt do anything else to it, and right now its working right...I guess we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
45 Posts
on the relief vale stack there is a plug on the front ( i think it takes an 1" socket) under that there is a spring and big poppet and in the stack there is an oring that can go bad and poppet can stick and that lets the oil bypass. hope this helps GL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts