The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the opportunity to go watch this new spreader be tested. Harsh International built 4 of these for someone in Northern Montana. Now that's a big ass manure spreader.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
thats one big spreader, what sort of capacity is it rated to?

what are the white tanks on the cat? look like pretty narrow tracks too.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know the capacity, it is 30' long, 12' wide ans sides are 5' tall.

Tanks are for fertilizer, and belts are 18" wide. Tractor will be used for strip till on 22" rows. We have a 400 gal front tank coming for it also.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That undercarriage must have a lot of travel for how high that box is above the wheels or else they sure wasted a lot of space.

Horizontal beaters I'd assume?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That undercarriage must have a lot of travel for how high that box is above the wheels or else they sure wasted a lot of space.

Horizontal beaters I'd assume?
Not sure if you noticed, in the picture with the loader the box is lowered, makes it easier to load with non high lift loaders. It hyd raises for ground clearance.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not sure if you noticed, in the picture with the loader the box is lowered, makes it easier to load with non high lift loaders. It hyd raises for ground clearance.
Interesting. Seems kinda pointless to me as it's more stuff to break but maybe they need that much clearance where they're going.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Manure Spreader, Compost Windrow Turner, Compost Spreader WA, NSW, QLD, SA | Nufab
These are gaining popularity around here for spreading clay. Being local helps too. A couple of my neighbours have been spreading clay/gravel at 1t/ha on the tops of their sandhills and getting good stabilisation and better germination. That artic dumpy would be way to heavy for paddock work.
Wheels, the spinner spreaders work well with compost. Here we spread a lot of raw manure right out of the feedlot and have to use beater style spreaders. Either verticle or horizontal style.

·
Registered
514 Posts

This is the spreader my buddy rents and I run. Owner runs it on a 8850 (first pic) and buddy runs it on his 4640. It will easily kill the tractor if you aren't careful. It does an amazing job spreading. Hard time to tell where to drive.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
We built four spreaders on tri drive trucks, the original is 10'x24'x5' and the other three are 9'x26'x5'. I built the newer ones longer and narrower to fit the corrals and trucks better. The newer ones can be converted to silage boxes in about a half hour each. We limit tonnage to thirty ton because it becomes very hard on the suspension.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use the first and only degelman manure spreader in Australia!! Sorry can't upload photo, Grrr :/ but This machine is unreal, amazing spread and holy smokes it can throw manure. What rates you guys in USA usually spread on??

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Spreader Brad, what are you spreading, what rate and what results are you getting..(maybe this is another thread?) I have chook **** spread for my wheat and like results..i mix lime with the chook **** and run it through a marshall and it spreads well...it shatters it when it hits the hydraulic spinners so get a nice even layer across the paddock.

This thread is good sh*t....

Ant

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey X80, maybe should be another thread but anyways. A contractor actually owns the machine I just the drive tractor and spreader for him. I personally haven't spread chook **** but I have heard it's really good. Pretty much here we spread raw manure and sometimes screened manure. Raw manure mostly on dairy farms and feedlots and screened manure all comes from feedlots. Been on rates from about 2.5/3 tonne to the acre all the way to 30t/acre, been up to 45t/acre before. We seem to get nice results from 20t/acre especially on fodder crops (silage/hay) and got good results with grain crops as well better yield but more so the protein was higher. spread 875 tonne one day, was winter so shorter days so could break 1000 tonne mark easy.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts