The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone out there is running custom floater tires on their Nitro sprayer. 650's are the biggest factory option, but there is a company that will make any wheel size you want. I've heard from the dealer that some Nitro owners have tried 710 Trelleborg or Michellin tires. I've sent an email to the factory to see what is the max tire size they have tried and how the testing went, but no response yet. I realize that this would void the wheel motor/torque hub warranty and I don't care, need as much floatation as possible.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way on duals. The mud will move inside the duals and turn into a brick. I've seen sprayers dualed up front to back and stuck with mud going in between the tires, extremely hard to pull out.

900's would be perfect, but I didn't think they would work for autosteer or clearance issues. Any chance you could get me in touch with the owner of that Nitro running the 900's?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just talked to a Miller rep who told me that out in Washington state there are a few guys running Goodyear 30.5 32's with Diamond tread so they don't tear up the sidehills. Those are equivalent to 900's

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll look to see what size our floater tires are I'm not positive what size. I do know we've been running them in some very wet muck and have yet to get it stuck. This is muck ground that actually makes waves when you drive over it. It's the weirdest feeling in the world. I'll get back with you on size..

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I it's that wet usually whatever you drive on is ruined anyhow. Why would you want to wreck 800 or 900mm of crop instead of just 650? Unless it isn't staying on top with 650's.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
No way on duals. The mud will move inside the duals and turn into a brick. I've seen sprayers dualed up front to back and stuck with mud going in between the tires, extremely hard to pull out.

900's would be perfect, but I didn't think they would work for autosteer or clearance issues. Any chance you could get me in touch with the owner of that Nitro running the 900's?
Hi, i use to run a nitro 4275 that we had put 900's on.. Ran them for 3 seasons with no issues, only thing we had to do is drill new holes to move fenders up a bit so they would clear tires.. Was very smooth and could go through anything with them

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I it's that wet usually whatever you drive on is ruined anyhow. Why would you want to wreck 800 or 900mm of crop instead of just 650? Unless it isn't staying on top with 650's.:confused:
Because sometimes you need to get in there now and can't wait to come back later. Young crop can take being driven over, even if its wet. I've talked to several people running 710's. I think that is the route I'm going to take with a 1200 gal machine. If I choose the 1600, then 900's.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Because sometimes you need to get in there now and can't wait to come back later. Young crop can take being driven over, even if its wet. I've talked to several people running 710's. I think that is the route I'm going to take with a 1200 gal machine. If I choose the 1600, then 900's.
Alright. I was more thinking of the really wet areas that are soupy wet, it seems that even floaters wreck those areas. Granted that would be a very small percentage of total area.;)

If you get 900's then weather will likely turn dry, that's usually how it works.:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.